Welcome to the Ultimate list of 115+ creative Christmas ideas, recipes, crafts, DIY projects, entertaining inspiration, and so much more! This list of Christmas and holiday inspiration will become your new go-to for festive ideas and loads of Christmas cheer!
100+ Creative Christmas Ideas:
If you can believe it, this January will mark 10 years of blogging for me! I recently got a magazine in the mail, and a headline on it was “100+ ways to Holiday.” That made me think: With 10 years of blogging under my belt, I wonder if I could create a post of 100 Christmas Ideas based on things I’ve created and shared here on Inspired by Charm. So I sat down and started brainstorming and typing . . . and I came pretty close.
Below I’m sharing 115+ Christmas Ideas. For the most part, all of these ideas are inspired by things I’ve created here on IBC. When applicable, I shared a link (in the mint green font color) so you can click for more information. Because I didn’t have 100 things I could link, I did add a few other festive ideas to help put a little more jingle in your step this holiday season.
My goal with this post is to update it year after year so that it becomes one epic list of creative Christmas ideas you can use to help celebrate the holidays.
I hope you enjoy this list not only as a collection of Inspired by Charm’s content but more importantly as an inspiring source of ideas for a magical, memorable, and joy-filled Christmas!
My Favorite Creative Christmas Ideas:
1. Serve up a cocktail in a Christmas ornament.
2. Set up a hot cocoa bar for impromptu treats.
3. Make homemade hot cocoa mix to have and share.
4. Bake the best Christmas cookies.
5. Host a holiday cookie swap with friends and family.
6. Make a yule log for a legendary holiday dessert.
7. Make theses frosted and soft eggnog cookies.
8. Creatively wrap presents for friends and family.
9. Host a gift wrapping party.
10. Print festive gift tags for your holiday wrapping.
11. Decorate a rainbow inspired tree.
12. Make homemade White Chocolate Chex Mix with red and green M&Ms to have and share.
13. Make an epic appetizer by crafting a Christmas tree out of cheese.
14. Set a vintage modern Christmas table for your and your friends!
15. Print out adorable Christmas recipe cards to share with friends.
16. Decorate a Christmas tree (or two).
17. Make this easy and crazy delicious three-ingredient holiday punch.
Get the RECIPE: https://inspiredbycharm.com/jingle-juice-holiday-punch/
18. Listen to a Christmas music playlist.
19. Create lottery ticket Christmas ornaments as gifts.
20. Build and paint colorful wood Christmas trees.
21. DIY these wood stockings for your mantel.
22. Add a Christmas tree to your bedroom.
23. Make a wreath out of cookie cutters.
24. String a wood bead garland.
25. Make a wreath from vintage ornaments.
26. Craft adorable and clever bags for Christmas cookies.
27. Style a festive bar cart… or two.
28. Put together a beautiful and creative holiday place setting.
29. Make the creamiest fudge with only three ingredients.
30. Learn how to add ribbon to your Christmas tree.
31. Make seasoned pretzels for snacking during Hallmark movies.
32. Enjoy White Russians while watching a Christmas parade.
32. Shake up a White Chocolate Peppermint Martini.
34. Bake classic cookies using clothespins.
35. Make homemade bath bombs to give as gifts.
36. Serve cranberry French toast for a holiday breakfast.
37. Bake a cake that looks like a gingerbread house.
38. Make a gingerbread cake in the shape of a tree.
39. Toss up some sugared cranberries for a festive garnish.
40. Make this Apple Pie Moonshine to serve or give as a gift.
41. Turn a chocolate chip cookie into an edible shot glass.
42. Create a beautiful holiday centerpiece for your table.
43. Add cranberries to pecan pie for a flavor upgrade.
44. Up your holiday entertaining with these festive touches.
45. Warm up with a Slow Cooker Sangria.
46. Craft festive ornaments out of concrete.
47. Roll out cute and tasty little cheeseballs.
48. Whip up some homemade eggnog.
49. Make the best candy using a slow cooker.
50. Spike some cherries, then dip them into chocolate.
Well my friends, we made it halfway! Are you ready for more Christmas inspiration? I hope these creative Christmas ideas are giving you a little inspiration to celebrate the holiday season. I also want to mention that you can do one or one hundred of these ideas. This list of festive Christmas ideas is meant to inspire, not to make you feel overwhelmed. Set aside moments to celebrate and do what makes you happy this Christmas season.
Ready for more Christmas ideas? Let’s do this!!
More Festive Christmas Ideas:
51. Set up a Bloody Mary Bar.
52. Jazz up plain ornaments with a paint pen.
53. Print Christmas bottle tags to make gift wrapping fun and easy.
54. Enjoy the twinkle of Christmas lights at night.
55. Whip up an easy breakfast casserole for Christmas morning.
56. Add a creative chalkboard holiday label to your serveware.
57. Make a garland or a wreath out of marshmallows.
58. Stir up a holiday sangria mocktail.
59. Wow ‘em with Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars.
60. Dazzle friends and family with Braided Nutella Bread.
61. Tickle taste buds with Cranberry Orange Walnut Tassies.
62. Bake these festive Christmas sprinkle cookie cups.
63. Make red pepper jelly to give as a gift or serve as an appetizer.
64. Make mini cheesecakes in mason jars.
65. Build a tortilla roll-up tree as a tasty holiday appetizer.
66. Decorate your mantel with rustic charm.
67. Bake mini skillet cookie cakes.
68. Make your own mulling spices.
69. Bake a gorgeous Christmas Cake to share with friends and family.
70. Decorate a flocked Christmas tree.
72. Serve a classic quiche to start the day.
71. Whip up this homemade pancake mix for a delicious breakfast or tasty gift idea.
73. Host a White Christmas Celebration.
74. Make Cinnamon Roll Skillet Bread.
75. Decorate a tree in green (or your favorite color).
76. Prepare overnight oats for guests.
77. String popcorn or cranberry garland for the tree.
78. Create a holiday dessert spread with a bar cart.
79. Create a delicious monkey bread in a slow cooker.
80. Add seasonal flavor to a classic old fashioned with cranberries.
81. Bake ugly sweater Christmas cookies.
82. Style a very merry entry table with chalkboard paint.
83. Create easy holiday artwork with washi tape.
84. Craft colorful coasters for a gift.
85. Decorate a tree entirely with vintage ornaments.
86. Or decorate a tree entirely inspired by memories of Christmases past.
87. Make a favorite holiday side dish: Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin.
88. Set up the ultimate holiday beverage cabinet.
89. Serve Berry Stuffed French Toast on Christmas morning.
90. Drive around the neighborhood to look at holiday lights as you enjoy hot cocoa and popcorn.
91. Heat up a batch of mulled wine to serve when company arrives.
92. Gift homemade herb butter and gourmet bread.
93. Shop the thrift stores and antique shops for unique and vintage holiday decorations.
94. Prepare a cheeseball or two in advance for unexpected holiday visitors.
95. Serve cranberry meatballs on Christmas Eve.
96. Attend a holiday concert or musical with a friend.
97. Make THE BEST veggie dip for your holiday crudite.
98. Assemble an array of the BEST Christmas appetizers.
99. Add a gradient rainbow wreath to your front door to welcome guests.
100. Whip up this red and green jalapeño dip in minutes.
102. Incorporate a little festive flare to your kitchen for the holidays.
103. Make this pizza bread for an unforgettable holiday appetizer.
104. Add a little festive flare to your mantel for the holidays.
106. Whip up one of my favorite cranberry recipes! (There are 12+ to choose from.)
107. Go antiquing / thrifting to start a collection of vintage Christmas decorations.
108. Create this adorable tree out of vintage ornaments to decorate your wall.
109. Add a string of colorful lights to your mantel for a nostalgic Christmas look.
110. Bake my favorite Christmas cookies: Cream wafers.
111. Craft vintage-inspired gift tags (free printable) with German glass glitter.
112. Whip up a batch of these colorful and delicious Peppermint Kiss Cookies.
113. Take time to craft a handmade holiday gift with these creative ideas.
114. Make classic gingerbread cookies to eat AND decorate your holiday home.
115. Make my FAVORITE pie: Graham Cracker Cream Pie!
116. Shake up these flavorful Chai Spiced White Russians for a holiday treat.
117. Add a little touch of “Merry & Bright” to your fireplace mantel.
118. Create a snow globe-inspired Christmas centerpiece for your table.
119. More ideas…
120. …coming soon!
115+ Creative Christmas Ideas Continued…
And that’s a wrap! 115+ Christmas ideas, recipes, decorating inspiration, entertaining ideas, and lots of holiday cheer! Did I miss anything? Feel free to add you favorite Christmas ideas and holiday traditions in the comments below.
Be sure to save this post like or add one of the images to your Pinterest board. I originally shared this list of Christmas Ideas in 2018, but will continue to add new ideas every year. I hope this list of holiday inspiration becomes a go-to source of inspiration for you.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!