175+ Creative Christmas IdeasThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Welcome to the Ultimate list of 175+ creative Christmas ideas, recipes, crafts, DIY projects, entertaining inspiration, and so much more! This list of Christmas and holiday inspiration will become your new go-to for festive ideas and loads of Christmas cheer!
If you can believe it, this January will mark 12 years of blogging for me! I recently got a magazine in the mail, and a headline on it was “100+ ways to Holiday.” That made me think: With 12 years of blogging under my belt, I wonder if I could create a post of 100 Christmas Ideas based on things I’ve created and shared here on Inspired by Charm. So I sat down and started brainstorming and typing . . . and I came pretty close.
Below I’m sharing 175+ Christmas Ideas. For the most part, all of these ideas are inspired by things I’ve created here on IBC. My goal with this post is to update it year after year so that it becomes one epic list of creative Christmas ideas you can use to help celebrate the holidays.
I hope you enjoy this list not only as a collection of Inspired by Charm’s content but more importantly as an inspiring source of ideas for a magical, memorable, and joy-filled Christmas!
My Favorite Creative Christmas Ideas:
- Serve up a cocktail in a Christmas ornament.
- Get organized and plan ahead. Learn my tips for how I plan my Christmas Home Decor.
- Make homemade hot cocoa mix to have and share.
- Bake the best Christmas cookies.
- Plant the BEST Christmas Party with these creative ideas and tips.
- Make a yule log for a legendary holiday dessert.
- Make theses frosted and soft eggnog cookies.
- Creatively wrap presents for friends and family.
- Craft Christmas ornaments out of oven bake clay.
- Print festive gift tags for your holiday wrapping
- Decorate a rainbow inspired tree.
- Make homemade White Chocolate Chex Mix with red and green M&Ms to have and share.
- Make an epic appetizer by crafting a Christmas tree out of cheese.
- Set a vintage modern Christmas table for your and your friends!
- Print out adorable Christmas recipe cards to share with friends.
- Decorate a Christmas tree (or two).
- Make this easy and crazy delicious three-ingredient holiday punch.
Get the RECIPE HERE!
- Listen to a Christmas music playlist.
- Create lottery ticket Christmas ornaments as gifts.
- Build and paint colorful wood Christmas trees.
- DIY these wood stockings for your mantel.
- Add a Christmas tree to your bedroom.
- Make a wreath out of cookie cutters.
- String a wood bead garland.
- Make a wreath from vintage ornaments.
- Craft adorable and clever bags for Christmas cookies.
- Style a festive bar cart… or two.
- Put together a beautiful and creative holiday place setting.
- Make the creamiest fudge with only three ingredients.
- Learn how to add ribbon to your Christmas tree.
- Make seasoned pretzels for snacking during Hallmark movies.
- Enjoy White Russians while watching a Christmas parade.
- Shake up a White Chocolate Peppermint Martini.
- Bake classic cookies using clothespins.
- Make homemade bath bombs to give as gifts.
- Serve cranberry French toast for a holiday breakfast.
- Bake a cake that looks like a gingerbread house.
- Make a gingerbread cake in the shape of a tree.
- Toss up some sugared cranberries for a festive garnish.
- Craft Mushroom Christmas Tree ornaments out of clay.
- Turn a chocolate chip cookie into an edible shot glass.
- Create a beautiful holiday centerpiece for your table.
- Add cranberries to pecan pie for a flavor upgrade.
- Up your holiday entertaining with these festive touches.
- Warm up with a Slow Cooker Sangria.
- Craft festive ornaments out of concrete.
- Roll out cute and tasty little cheeseballs.
- Whip up some homemade eggnog.
- Assemble these festive Christmas Charcuterie cups.
- Set up a Bloody Mary Bar.
- Make the best candy using a slow cooker.
- Spike some cherries, then dip them into chocolate.
Well my friends, we made it halfway! Are you ready for more Christmas inspiration? I hope these creative Christmas ideas are giving you a little inspiration to celebrate the holiday season.
I also want to mention that you can do one or one hundred of these ideas. This list of festive Christmas ideas is meant to inspire, not to make you feel overwhelmed. Set aside moments to celebrate and do what makes you happy this Christmas season.
Ready for more Christmas ideas? Let’s do this!!
More Festive Christmas Ideas:
- Jazz up plain ornaments with a paint pen.
- Print Christmas bottle tags to make gift wrapping fun and easy.
- Enjoy the twinkle of Christmas lights at night.
56. Add a creative chalkboard holiday label to your serveware.
57. Make a garland or a wreath out of marshmallows.
58. Stir up a holiday sangria mocktail.
59. Wow ‘em with Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars.
60. Dazzle friends and family with Braided Nutella Bread.
61. Tickle taste buds with Cranberry Orange Walnut Tassies.
62. Bake these festive Christmas sprinkle cookie cups.
63. Make red pepper jelly to give as a gift or serve as an appetizer.
64. Make mini cheesecakes in mason jars.
65. Build a tortilla roll-up tree as a tasty holiday appetizer.
66. Decorate your mantel with rustic charm.
67. Bake mini skillet cookie cakes.
68. Make your own mulling spices.
69. Bake a gorgeous Christmas Cake to share with friends and family.
70. Decorate a flocked Christmas tree.
72. Serve a classic quiche to start the day.
71. Whip up this homemade pancake mix for a delicious breakfast or tasty gift idea.
73. Host a White Christmas Celebration.
74. Make Cinnamon Roll Skillet Bread.
75. Decorate a tree in green (or your favorite color).
76. Prepare overnight oats for guests.
77. String popcorn or cranberry garland for the tree.
78. Create a holiday dessert spread with a bar cart.
79. Create a delicious monkey bread in a slow cooker.
80. Add seasonal flavor to a classic old fashioned with cranberries.
81. Bake ugly sweater Christmas cookies.
82. Style a very merry entry table with chalkboard paint.
83. Create easy holiday artwork with washi tape.
84. Craft colorful coasters for a gift.
85. Decorate a tree entirely with vintage ornaments.
86. Or decorate a tree entirely inspired by memories of Christmases past.
87. Make a favorite holiday side dish: Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin.
88. Set up the ultimate holiday beverage cabinet.
89. Serve Berry Stuffed French Toast on Christmas morning.
90. Drive around the neighborhood to look at holiday lights as you enjoy hot cocoa and popcorn.
91. Heat up a batch of mulled wine to serve when company arrives.
92. Gift homemade herb butter and gourmet bread.
93. Shop the thrift stores and antique shops for unique and vintage holiday decorations.
94. Prepare a cheeseball or two in advance for unexpected holiday visitors.
95. Serve cranberry meatballs on Christmas Eve.
96. Attend a holiday concert or musical with a friend.
97. Make THE BEST veggie dip for your holiday crudite.
98. Assemble an array of the BEST Christmas appetizers.
99. Add a gradient rainbow wreath to your front door to welcome guests.
100. Whip up this red and green jalapeño dip in minutes.
101. Wrap something in bacon like these water chestnuts or these stuffed jalapeños.
102. Incorporate a little festive flare to your kitchen for the holidays.
103. Make this pizza bread for an unforgettable holiday appetizer.
104. Add a little festive flare to your mantel for the holidays.
105. Style this olive wreath holiday appetizer to pair with an epic cheese board.
106. Whip up one of my favorite cranberry recipes! (There are 12+ to choose from.)
107. Go antiquing / thrifting to start a collection of vintage Christmas decorations.
108. Create this adorable tree out of vintage ornaments to decorate your wall.
109. Add a string of colorful lights to your mantel for a nostalgic Christmas look.
110. Bake my favorite Christmas cookies: Cream wafers.
111. Craft vintage-inspired gift tags (free printable) with German glass glitter.
112. Whip up a batch of these colorful and delicious Peppermint Kiss Cookies.
113. Take time to craft a handmade holiday gift with these creative ideas.
114. Make classic gingerbread cookies to eat AND decorate your holiday home.
115. Make my FAVORITE pie: Graham Cracker Cream Pie!
116. Shake up these flavorful Chai Spiced White Russians for a holiday treat.
117. Add a little touch of “Merry & Bright” to your fireplace mantel.
118. Create a snow globe-inspired Christmas centerpiece for your table.
119. Set up a hot cocoa bar for impromptu treats.
120. Style a magical Christmas Mantel inspired by candlelight and a favorite holiday tune.
121. Fill a cabinet with festive holiday and Christmas ribbons to create a striking display.
122. Start a vintage Christmas collection like I did with these plastic fawns on my living room mantel.
123. Bake these colorful and graphic Pinwheel Christmas Cookies.
124. Craft a festive cocktail by stirring up a delicious Holly Jolly Christmas Punch.
125. Craft bottle brush tree drink stirrers to add a festive touch to hot cocoa and cocktails.
126. Turn vintage Christmas graphics into adorable gift bags with this free iron-on printable.
127. Bake Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls for an epic holiday breakfast.
128. Craft a wreath out of gingerbread cookies.
129. Roast and season cashews to create a quick and delicious snack idea for company.
130. Create an epic tiered tray of Christmas sweets and treats.
131. Craft mug huggers out of gingerbread.
132. Style your entryway with festive decor as a holiday welcome to visitor.
132. Shake up a Naughty But Nice Christmas Cocktail.
133. Make the most adorable mushroom-shaped Christmas cookies.
134. Take a moment at night to enjoy the glow of the lights and candles of the holiday season.
135. Make gingerbread ornaments and add them to a small tree in your dining room.
136. Add a mini Christmas tree to your kitchen and decorate with cookie cutters.
137. Craft this DIY Paper Star Garland to decorate your garland or tree.
138. Use vintage Christmas decor to give your holiday decorating a nostalgic touch.
139. Whip up these Salted Caramel Crumb Bars because they are amazingly delicious.
140. Craft a wreath out of marshmallows!
141. Bake Chelsea Buns inspired by the British Baking Show.
142. Style a Winter Wonderland on your fireplace mantel.
143. Make shortbread cookies that are shaped like a wreath.
144. Roll up some flavorful Bourbon Balls for your Christmas Cookie platter.
145. Whip up a batch of my favorite Gingerbread Cookie Bars.
146. Make homemade Biscotti to enjoy and share!
147. Creative a village out of vintage cardboard Putz houses.
148. Get crafty and make homemade Christmas decor.
149. Craft colorful gift tags out of your own abstract art.
150. Impress your guests with this delicious and fancy Almond Swiss Roll.
151. Make Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup to flavor your holiday cocktails and desserts.
152. Bake up a batch of peppermint sugar cookies.
153. Use old plaid shirts to craft handmade ornaments to gift or for the tree.
154. Make Cranberry Orange Marmalade to eat and to share.
155. Dress your staircase with this festive vintage inspired garland!
156. String a handmade popcorn garland. (It’s easier than you think!)
157. Host a holiday cocktail party with these tasty drinks and bites.
158. Host a gift wrapping party.
159. Bake Bourbon Orange Biscotti to enjoy with tea or give as a gift.
160. Craft rustic wreaths out of wire and star anise.
161. Host a holiday cookie swap with friends and family.
162. Whip up an easy breakfast casserole for Christmas morning.
163. Bake a festive and beautiful Gingerbread Swiss Cake Roll.
164. Stir up this easy Pistachio Cranberry White Chocolate Candy.
165. Make a cheese board shaped liked a Christmas tree!
166. Craft a Paper Chain Garland to decorate your tree and mantel.
167. Whip up these Cranberry Brie Bites. They are easy and delicious!
168. Make Seafood Lasagna for a special holiday meal.
169. Stir up this addictively delicious White Chocolate Puff Corn
170. Whip up one of these tasty Christmas snack ideas.
171. Make this Apple Pie Moonshine to serve or give as a gift.
173. Bake and decorate festive donuts for Christmas morning!
174. Whip up the easiest gingerbread cake with crumb topping.
175. Make a delicious Christmas breakfast with one of these fabulous recipes.
176. Make realistic mushrooms out of meringue to decorate a Yule log!
177. Craft peppermint sugar scrub to give as a gift or use as holiday self care.
And LOTS MORE coming soon!
150+ Creative Christmas Ideas Continued…
And that’s a wrap! 150+ Christmas ideas, recipes, decorating inspiration, entertaining ideas, and lots of holiday cheer! Did I miss anything? Feel free to add you favorite Christmas ideas and holiday traditions in the comments below.
Be sure to save this post like or add one of the images to your Pinterest board. I originally shared this list of Christmas Ideas in 2018, but will continue to add new ideas every year. I hope this list of holiday inspiration becomes a go-to source of inspiration for you.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful, wonderful, delicious ideas and recipes! I can’t wait to add some of these to my holiday plans! Sending best wishes for a marvelous holiday season to you and yours!
I can spend so much time on each inspiring creative post. They make me linger and get lost in them! Just the professional look of everything brings joy and motivation. This post is genius! It proves you care about your readers. Thank you for all the hard work you put into everything you do. Your attention to detail never goes unnoticed. Especially at this time of the year, I am grateful!
Micheal, all I can say is, we want you at our home for the holidays. Everything is fabulous. Thanks for sharing
So many amazing ideas! Happy Holidays!
bookmarking this for 2022–thank you Michael!
Thank you so much for your creativity and talent! So many fun and wonderful ideas plus recipes that I have incorporated in our holidays! Merry Christmas and may the new year bring good health and prosperity and more creativity!
Michael, I love all your Christmas ideas and I hope you can help me find an item my grandmother used to stack her vintage ornaments. It was a thin metal dowel welded to a metal base and you would stack 6 balls then 5 then 4 until it was full. It looks like a tree when finished. I don’t know what it is called so I don’t know what to look for or ask about. Can you help me?
I have to do is look for your post in my Inbox and suddenly my day is brightened. Love these 115+ Creative Christmas Ideas; love your posts all year long. Merry Christmas! For many years now you have landed in my inbox like a shining ray of light. Always joyous, always uplifting, always brightening my day.
For many years now you have landed in my inbox like a shining ray of light. Always joyous, always uplifting, always brightening my day. That is a rare feat these days, and for you to maintain that high quality of content is so admirable. Thank you for the joy and good cheer with which you gift us!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Thank you for such a beautiful, inspiring website.
Just love what you do
you are the MOST TALENTED Christmas designer/stylist/influencer, or whatever best describes you. I LOVE everything you post and just linger over every detail of your gorgeous house. Please come re-decorate/design my house. Not kidding. Merry Christmas!
Oh Michael, everything you do food, decor gifts- its all eye candy, love love LOVE!