If you can believe it, this January will mark 10 years of blogging for me! I recently got a magazine in the mail, and a headline on it was “100+ ways to Holiday.” That made me think: With 10 years of blogging under my belt, I wonder if I could create a post of 100 Christmas Ideas based on things I’ve created and shared here on Inspired by Charm. So I sat down and started brainstorming and typing . . . and I came pretty close.
Below I’m sharing 100+ Christmas Ideas. For the most part, all of these ideas are inspired by things I’ve created here on IBC. When applicable, I shared a link (in the mint green font color) so you can click for more information. Because I didn’t have 100 things I could link, I did add a few other festive ideas to help put a little more jingle in your step this holiday season.
My goal with this post is to update it year after year so that it becomes one epic list of creative Christmas ideas you can use to help celebrate the holidays.
I hope you enjoy this list not only as a collection of Inspired by Charm’s content but more importantly as an inspiring source of ideas for a magical, memorable, and joy-filled Christmas!
100+ Creative Christmas Ideas:
1. Serve up a cocktail in a Christmas ornament.
2. Set up a hot cocoa bar for impromptu treats.
3. Make homemade hot cocoa mix to have and share.
4. Bake the best Christmas cookies.
5. Host a holiday cookie swap with friends and family.
6. Make a yule log for a legendary holiday dessert.
7. Make theses frosted and soft eggnog cookies.
8. Creatively wrap presents for friends and family.
9. Host a gift wrapping party.
10. Print festive gift tags for your holiday wrapping.
11. Decorate a rainbow inspired tree.
12. Make homemade White Chocolate Chex Mix with red and green M&Ms to have and share.
13. Make an epic appetizer by crafting a Christmas tree out of cheese.
14. Make this pizza bread for an unforgettable holiday appetizer.
15. Print out adorable Christmas recipe cards to share with friends.
16. Decorate a Christmas tree (or two).
17. Make this easy and crazy delicious three-ingredient holiday punch.
18. Listen to a Christmas music playlist.
19. Create lottery ticket Christmas ornaments as gifts.
20. Build and paint colorful wood Christmas trees.
21. DIY these wood stockings for your mantel.
22. Add a Christmas tree to your bedroom
23. Make a wreath out of cookie cutters.
24. String a wood bead garland.
25. Make a wreath from vintage ornaments.
26. Craft adorable and clever bags for Christmas cookies.
27. Style a festive bar cart… or two.
28. Put together a beautiful and creative holiday place setting.
29. Make the creamiest fudge with only three ingredients.
30. Learn how to add ribbon to your Christmas tree.
31. Make seasoned pretzels for snacking during Hallmark movies.
32. Shake up a White Chocolate Peppermint Martini.
33. Enjoy White Russians while watching a Christmas parade.
34. Bake classic cookies using clothespins.
35. Make homemade bath bombs to give as gifts.
36. Serve cranberry French toast for a holiday breakfast.
37. Bake a cake that looks like a gingerbread house.
38. Make a gingerbread cake in the shape of a tree.
39. Toss up some sugared cranberries for a festive garnish.
40. Make this Apple Pie Moonshine to serve or give as a gift.
41. Turn a chocolate chip cookie into an edible shot glass.
42. Create a beautiful holiday centerpiece for your table.
43. Add cranberries to pecan pie for a flavor upgrade.
44. Up your holiday entertaining with these festive touches.
45. Warm up with a Slow Cooker Sangria.
46. Craft festive ornaments out of concrete.
47. Roll out cute and tasty little cheeseballs.
48. Whip up some homemade eggnog.
49. Make the best candy using a slow cooker.
50. Spike some cherries, then dip them into chocolate.
Well my friends, we made it halfway! Are you ready for more Christmas inspiration? Let’s do it!
More Festive Christmas Ideas:
51. Set up a Bloody Mary Bar.
52. Jazz up plain ornaments with a paint pen.
53. Print Christmas bottle tags to make gift wrapping fun and easy.
54. Enjoy the twinkle of Christmas lights at night.
55. Whip up an easy breakfast casserole for Christmas morning.
56. Add a creative chalkboard holiday label to your serveware.
57. Make a garland or a wreath out of marshmallows.
58. Stir up a holiday sangria mocktail.
59. Wow ‘em with Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars.
60. Dazzle friends and family with Braided Nutella Bread.
61. Tickle taste buds with Cranberry Orange Walnut Tassies.
62. Bake these festive Christmas sprinkle cookie cups.
63. Make red pepper jelly to give as a gift or serve as an appetizer.
64. Make mini cheesecakes in mason jars.
65. Decorate your mantel with rustic charm.
66. Bake mini skillet cookie cakes.
67. Make your own mulling spices.
68. Build a tortilla roll-up tree as a tasty holiday appetizer.
69. Assemble an array of the BEST Christmas appetizers.
70. Decorate a flocked Christmas tree.
71. Bake my favorite Christmas cookies: Cream wafers.
72. Serve a classic quiche to start the day.
73. Host a White Christmas Celebration.
74. Make Cinnamon Roll Skillet Bread.
75. Decorate a tree in green (or your favorite color).
76. Prepare overnight oats for guests.
77. String popcorn or cranberry garland for the tree.
78. Create a holiday dessert spread with a bar cart.
79. Create a delicious monkey bread in a slow cooker.
80. Add seasonal flavor to a classic old fashioned with cranberries.
81. Bake ugly sweater Christmas cookies.
82. Style a very merry entry table with chalkboard paint.
83. Create easy holiday artwork with washi tape.
84. Craft colorful coasters for a gift.
85. Decorate a tree entirely with vintage ornaments.
86. Or decorate a tree entirely inspired by memories of Christmases past.
87. Make a favorite holiday side dish: Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin.
88. Set up the ultimate holiday beverage cabinet.
89. Serve Berry Stuffed French Toast on Christmas morning.
90. Drive around the neighborhood to look at holiday lights as you enjoy hot cocoa and popcorn.
91. Heat up a batch of mulled wine to serve when company arrives.
92. Gift homemade herb butter and gourmet bread.
93. Shop the thrift stores and antique shops for unique and vintage holiday decorations.
94. Prepare a cheeseball or two in advance for unexpected holiday visitors.
95. Serve cranberry meatballs on Christmas Eve.
96. Attend a holiday concert or musical with a friend.
97. Make THE BEST veggie dip for your holiday crudite.
98. Add a little festive flare to your mantel for the holidays.
99. Add a gradient rainbow wreath to your front door to welcome guests.
100. Whip up this red and green jalapeño dip in minutes.
And that’s a wrap! 100+ Christmas ideas, recipes, decorating inspiration, entertaining ideas, and lots of holiday cheer! Did I miss anything? Feel free to add you favorite Christmas ideas and holiday traditions in the comments below.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!