This Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Chex mix is the perfect sweet treat to give to friends, family, or that special someone.
In two short weeks, it will be Valentine’s Day. Let’s get ready by whipping up a batch of this White Chocolate Chex Mix. I’ll also show you a unique way to wrap this confection for presenting it to your Valentines. (Yes, I’m assuming that, like me, your Valentines include close friends and family.) Let’s get started!
White Chocolate Chex Mix:
Although I don’t go crazy with Valentine’s Day, I love an excuse to create new recipes and other ways to celebrate the holiday. (You can check out some of my favorite Valentine’s Day treats here.)
Last summer I made a version of this White Chocolate Chex Mix for Independence Day; I thought it’d also make the perfect treat for Valentine’s. What sealed the deal was finding these cute pink, red, and white mini-shovels. Pair them with mini heart buckets and the proclamation”I dig you!” to make a treat that your Valentines will remember for years.
How to Make White Chocolate Chex Mix:
In case you’ve never made White Chocolate Chex Mix, be warned. Some folks refer to it as “crack” candy. I’m not sure what makes it so tasty (Maybe it’s the combination of sweet and salty.), but it’s the perfect treat to share with dear ones or serve at a party. You can even add M&Ms in colors to fit the holiday or the theme of your get-together.
Below, I’ve included my full recipe. However, feel free to mix it up and make it your own by using different cereals, chocolates, nuts, and more. I added extra color and fun to this particular batch with heart-shaped sprinkles.
Now that the White Chocolate Chex Mix is ready, you’ll need a way to share it.
To start, get some of these mini shovels. Aren’t they cute? I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I saw it on Amazon and ordered them immediately. Once you have the shovels you have two options.
One possibility is to add the Chex Mix to a clear baggie, then tie on the shovel. To complete the look, add a tag that reads “I dig you!”
A second option is to look for these mini heart buckets at Target and fill them with the Chex Mix. Tuck in a shovel with an “I dig you!” tag, and your gift is complete! If desired, you might also wrap the filled bucket in plastic to keep the mix fresh and protected.
Voila! Valentine’s Day perfected. What do you think?
If you liked this Valentine’s Day treat, you’ll love these:
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
- Mixed Berry Pot Pies
- Skillet Cookie Cake
- Red Velvet Popcorn
- Sweetie Martini
Let’s dig in!
I hope you enjoyed this idea as much as I did. Whether you share the White Chocolate Chex Mix with others or simply enjoy some yourself while binge-watching a favorite new show, have a lovely Valentine’s Day!
White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe:
Valentine's Day White Chocolate Chex mix
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups M&Ms divided
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 5 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shorting Crisco, optional
- Sprinkles optional
- In a large bowl, combine the Wheat and Rice Chex, Cheerios, pretzels, and 2 cups of the M&Ms. Mix evenly to distribute.
- Over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate along with the vegetable shorting. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture and then stir with a wooden spoon. Mix gently until everything is evenly coated with the chocolate.
- Place a length of parchment paper on your counter and spread the Chex mixture evenly on the paper. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of M&Ms. Add sprinkles, if desired. Let the Chex mix cool for about 1 hour. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.