This Out-of-this-World Corn Dip (also know as Crack Corn Dip) is a crowd pleasing appetizer that has become my go-to party recipe. It’s easy to make and will always great rave reviews!
Greetings all! I hope you had a fab Fourth of July. I know I did. Though, I must admit having a holiday mid-week always screws me up. Not only do I have no idea what day it is, my productivity schedule is completely out of whack. Anyone else?
Yesterday I whipped up an impromptu dip for a little swimming nosh at my Dad’s house. I hadn’t made this dip in over five years and honestly forgot how delicious it really is. And, you know me, it’s super simple to put together an it makes a ginormous amount of dip.
I actually found this recipe via a Gooseberry Patch cookbook my mom gave me years ago when I first moved to Philadelphia after college. However, after a quick google search found it all over the net. Some even call it Crack Corn Dip! But, for the purpose of this post, I give all the credit to Gooseberry Patch’s Coming Home with Gooseberry Patch. (Affiliate link)
How to make Crack Corn Dip:
Two quick notes – I couldn’t find the corn with died peppers, so I just used plain sweet corn and added in 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red peppers. Fabulous! Also, take the time to make sure everything is drained really, really well. This dip can get runny if you don’t. Also the longer it sets, the more the cheese soaks up any liquids.
Want more delicious dip recipes? These are my favorites:
- The BEST Vegetable Dip
- EASY Fruit Dip – so good!
- The Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip
- Really Good Jalapeño Dip
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Dip
Trust me, this Out-of-this-World Corn Dip (Crack Corn Dip) is edible gold! It’s has a small kick (use less jalapeños if you don’t want it as spicy), but I love that. So fab!
Have you ever made this before? If not, are you tempted to make it now?
Out-of-this-World Corn Dip
- 3 (11 oz) cans MexiCorn (sweet corn & diced red and green peppers), drained
- 1 (7 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (6 oz)can chopped jalapeno peppers - drained and liquid added to taste
- 1/2 cup green onion - chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 bags scoop-like corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except chips.
- Chill two hours to overnight. Serve with your favorite chips (I used Fritos and Tostitos) for scooping.