This Out-of-this-World Corn Dip (also know as Crack Corn Dip) is a crowd pleasing appetizer that has become my go-to party recipe. It’s easy to make and will always great rave reviews! If you love corn dip but are looking for a recipe that’s truly out of this world, look no further.
You are in for a TREAT today! This Out-of-this-World Corn Dip (or as my family likes to call it ‘Crack Corn Dip’) is about to become your new favorite appetizer.
Yesterday I whipped up an impromptu dip recipe for a little swimming nosh at my Dad’s house. It is one of my favorite appetizer recipes! I hadn’t made this dip in over five years and honestly forgot how delicious it really is. And, you know me, it’s super simple to put together an it makes a ginormous amount of dip.
The combination of corn, mayonnaise, and sour cream creates a smooth and irresistible texture, while the diced green chilies and jalapeños add a subtle kick. It’s a deliciously addictive dip that will keep your guests coming back for more.
I actually found this particular recipe via a Gooseberry Patch cookbook my mom gave me years ago when I first moved to Philadelphia after college.
However, after a quick google search found it all over the net. Some even call it Crack Corn Dip! (That’s what my family calls it now because they love it so much!) But, for the purpose of this post, I give all the credit to Gooseberry Patch’s Coming Home with Gooseberry Patch.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re a beginner cook or a seasoned pro, you can whip this up in no time. Plus, it requires just a handful of simple ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
- What really set’s this dip apart is it’s flavor. It’s a perfect balance of sweet, savory, and spicy, with just the right amount of creaminess.
- This corn dip is perfect for any occasion, from game day parties to backyard barbecues. It pairs perfectly with corn chips, but you can also serve it with veggies, crackers, or even use it as a sandwich spread.
- MexiCorn (sweet corn & diced red and green peppers)
- green chiles
- jalapeno peppers
- green onion
- sour cream
- gourd pepper
- garlic powder
- sharp cheddar cheese
- Fritos Scoops corn chips
How to Make
This corn dip recipe is so easy to make. I’ll walk you through the steps here. I’ve also provided a full ingredient list and detailed instructions in the printable recipe card below.
- Just toss all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir to evenly combine
- Refrigerate until your ready to serve.
That’s it! Grab your Fritos and dig in!
Here are a few notes, tips, and ideas for making this corn dip.
- If you can’t find the mexicorn with diced peppers, don’t stress. Just use plain sweet corn and add in 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red peppers.
- Take the time to make sure everything is drained really, really well. This corn dip can get runny if you don’t. Also the longer it sets, the more the cheese soaks up any liquids.
- When it comes to presentation, choose a bowl or dish that’s both functional and attractive. A simple white ceramic bowl works well, but you can also opt for a rustic wooden serving dish or a colorful platter.
- Wouldn’t this make the cutest hors d’oeuvres recipe served in little cups? It’s a great way to eleventh this already amazing corn dip.
I love this corn dip as it is, but feel free to experiment with variations and add-ins to make it your own.
- One simple way to switch things up is by changing the type of cheese used. Try substituting the cheddar for pepper jack or smoked gouda for a different flavor profile.
- If you want to make the dip a bit healthier, add in some diced vegetables such as bell pepper, onion, cauliflower, etc.. For an extra burst of flavor, mix in some fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley.
- If you want to kick up the spice level a notch, add in some extra jalapeños, hot sauce, or cayenne pepper. And for a meaty twist, try adding in some cooked and crumbled bacon or diced ham.
Whether you’re wondering what equipment you’ll need for this recipe, curious about my favorite utensils, or if you just looking to stock your own kitchen, these are the kitchen tolls I recommend for this recipe:
More Dips You May Enjoy
- Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip
- The BEST Vegetable Dip
- EASY Fruit Dip – so good!
- The Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip
- Really Good Jalapeño Dip
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Dip
Trust me, this Out-of-this-World Corn Dip is edible gold! It’s has a small kick (use less jalapeños if you don’t want it as spicy), but I love that. I hope you’ll try whipping up this out-of-this-world corn dip. If you do, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Join the IBC Mailing List for inspiration in your inbox! Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Out-of-this-World Corn Dip
- 3 (11 oz) cans MexiCorn (sweet corn & diced red and green peppers), drained
- 1 (7 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (6 oz)can chopped jalapeno peppers drained and liquid added to taste
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 bags Fritos Scoops corn chips
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except chips.
- Chill two hours to overnight. Serve with Frito Scoops corn chips.