Be the hero at your next party by making or bringing this Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip. It’s loaded with delicious pizza flavor everyone is going to love!
Friends, I can’t begin to describe how crazy delicious this dip is. (Healthy? Let’s not go there.)
The Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip:
With thoughts of the Super Bowl on the horizon, it’s hard to resist the opportunity to make all of the dips, wings, and other tasty party dishes we associate with this event. While I’m certain you have your go-to foods (We all do.), I strongly recommend you give this one a try.
How to Make Pizza Dip:
It starts with a layer of cooked sweet Italian sausage mixed with cream cheese, mozzarella, and Italian cheeses.
That gets layered with pizza sauce, adorable mini pepperoni, and more cheese. Garnished with a handful of those cute mini pepperoni, the whole thing is baked until hot and bubbly.
Surrounded by sliced bread for dipping, you can see why I’m calling this The Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip. Now, let’s dig in!
Whether you’re celebrating the Super Bowl, watching another televised event, or hanging out at your house with friends, you must give this dip a try!
For more game-day inspired recipes, check out this post here.
Looking for more delicious dip recipes? Try these:
- Really Good Veggie Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip with Bacon
- The BEST Chip Dip
- Loaded Veggie Ranch Dip
- My Favorite Fruit Dip
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Dip
As noted in the recipe, you can put this dip together the night before you plan to bake and serve it. You will need to adjust the cooking time a little, but this Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip is sure to be as delicious.
Sausage Pizza Dip Recipe:
Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 large onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese - divided
- 1 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend - divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- 1-2 loaves bread for dipping
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Drain off most of the fat from the sausage. Reduce the heat to medium and push the sausage to the side of the pan. Add the onion and garlic to the center and cook until tender. Mix in the sausage and remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the sausage mixture with the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup of the Italian cheese blend, and oregano. Spread this mixture evenly into the bottom of a 10x8-inch baking dish. Top with the pizza sauce and a sprinkle of mini pepperoni reserving about 1/4 cup to garnish the top. Top the pizza sauce and pepperoni with the remaining cheese. Finish the top with the remaining mini pepperoni.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes*. Remove the foil and turn your oven to broil. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with sliced bread.