Made with rich and creamy brie, homemade cranberry sauce, and mini phyllo shells, these Cranberry Brie Bites are an easy, unique, and flavorful appetizer perfect for the holiday season.
Holiday Appetizer Perfected
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for easy and tasty holiday appetizer recipes. It is a stress reliever to have my refrigerator and pantry stocked with the necessary ingredients to whip up an appetizer at a moment’s notice.
Well, that’s the case with these Cranberry Brie Bites. They’re delicious and easy, and you can keep the ingredients on hand for impromptu guests.
Need more holiday appetizer recipes to pair with this one? You’ve got it! I have an entire post dedicated to my best holiday hors d’oeuvres HERE.
Why I Love This Recipe:
If flavor alone wasn’t enough, here are a few reasons why I enjoy and recommend these cranberry brie appetizer bites.
- Brie and cranberry go together like peanut butter and jelly. They are a classic combo that’s appreciated by many for a good reason.
- Easy, easy, easy. You can whip this recipe together in about 15 minutes. Love that!
- The phyllo shells make these appetizer bites seem fancy. These little shells are my hosting secret weapon. Fill them with anything to create a showy appetizer or dessert. (Remember my mini blueberry cheesecakes?)
Have I convinced you to give them a try? Good! Mission accomplished. Let’s get into the recipe.
Looking for more cranberry recipes? Try these:
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bars
- Turkey Bacon Cranberry Roll-ups
- Cranberry Pecan Pie
- Cranberry Walnut Cheese Ball
- Cranberry Old Fashioned Cocktail
Here’s what you’ll need to put these cranberry brie bites together.
- miniature phyllo pastry shells – These mini shells make this recipe so easy. You can find them near the puff pastry cheese in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
- prepared cranberry sauce – You can use canned or homemade. I used the recipe HERE (it’s my favorite), but I didn’t include the apples.
- brie wheel – Use your favorite. I used the Président brand and it worked wonderfully.
- flake sea salt – a sprinkle of flake sea salt finishes off this recipe beautifully. You can find my favorite HERE.
Now that you have all you need, let me show you how easy they are to make!
How to Make:
I’ll walk you through the steps here. I’ve also provided a detailed ingredient list and instructions in the printable recipe card below.
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shells onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Remove the rind from the brie and cut the brie into 30 pieces.
- Place a piece of brie into each shell. Top with about 1 teaspoon of cranberry mixture.
- Bake until the cheese just begins to melt, about 4-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flake sea salt.
You’re ready to serve and enjoy!
How to Serve:
I recommend a simple presentation on a pretty plate garnished with a few pieces of rosemary. It’s simple. effective, and appropriate for the season.
I also recommend enjoying these right away, but leftovers can be refrigerated and enjoyed the next day.
Want to try these appetizer bites in a different way? Here are a few suggestions for recipe variations.
- Not a fan of brie? Try goat cheese instead!
- Like added crunch and flavor? Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or pecans!
- Want to pump up the sweetness? Drizzle with honey before serving.
- Looking to serve these after the holiday season? Make a sauce with blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries instead of cranberries.
You’re Ready to Entertain!
And that my friend is a wrap on these cranberry brie appetizer bites. These are a winning non-traditional Christmas dinner recipe! As I was putting together this post I started craving them again. I look forward to the next excuse I get to cook these up. Yum!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and give these tasty little bites a try!
LOVE THIS RECIPE AND WANT MORE?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my process. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 2 package miniature phyllo pastry shells - 30 shells
- 1 cup prepared cranberry sauce - canned or homemade
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 8 oz brie wheel
- flake sea salt
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place shells onto the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Remove the rind from the brie and cut the brie into 30 pieces. Place a piece of brie into each shell. Top with about 1 teaspoon of cranberry mixture.
- Bake until the cheese just begins to melt: about 4-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flake sea salt. Serve immediately.