This Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball is an easy, beautiful, and tasty appetizer that’s just right for fall entertaining.
Thank you all so much for the love on my fall tablescape. It was fun to create, and I’m glad you enjoyed it! Today I’m sharing the Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball recipe that I teased you with in that post.
Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball:
A couple weeks ago I was chatting with my mom about one of my earliest memories. I was in first grade and had left my snack at home. I still remember my mom showing up at the classroom with my cheese and crackers. I think it’s the pure joy I felt at that moment that makes the memory so strong.
Some thirty years later, my love of cheese and crackers still runs deep.
Sidenote: I found the acorn salt and pepper shakers at HomeGoods. You can also find them on Amazon here.
In the past, I’ve experimented with creative cheese balls, including ones shaped like apples, pumpkins, and a Christmas tree. However, for this Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball, I opted for a classic shape with bold flavors.
If you’ve never had bacon in a cheese ball, you’re totally missing out. It is out-of-this-world delicious. In this particular recipe, the salty bacon and sharp white cheddar cheese pair beautifully with the sweetness of the dried cranberries. It’s a cheese pairing made in heaven.
Beyond the fact that it’s cheese, I also love serving this cheese ball because it’s so simple to make. You simply blend everything together, roll it into a ball, and you’re ready to go. (The recipe does recommend refrigeration. But if you’re in a pinch for time, you can serve the cheese ball right away.)
You can also have lots of fun with different flavor combinations suited to the season or your celebration.
How to Make a Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball:
Speaking of customizing your cheese ball, I styled mine to go with a Halloween tablescape. Here’s a sneak peak.
While the colors of this cheeseball work beautifully for fall, changing a few of the garnishes adds an element of spooky chic, don’t you think?
All you need is a mini clever and some beet crackers for a whole new look!
No matter how you serve it, I’m certain you and your guests are going to love the flavors of this Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball.
If you liked this cheeseball recipe, you’ll love these too:
- Everything Bagel Cheeseball
- Mini Cheeseballs (Cheese Truffles)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Cheeseball
- Apple-Shaped Cheeseballs for Fall
- Christmas Tree Cheeseball
Happy Fall Entertaining, my friends!
Cranberry, Bacon, and Walnut Cheeseball
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese - softened
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese - shredded
- 3/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries - divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley - divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Crackers for serving
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese to soften and smooth any lumps.
- Add the white cheddar cheese, bacon, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Blend everything together.
- Place the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Form it into a ball and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the cheese ball is firm.
- On a plate, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Roll the cheeseball in this mixture to evenly coat.
- Serve with crackers.