If you’re a fan of the PB&J flavor combination, you’re going to love these Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies:
After swearing off cookies for a few weeks, it’s usually around the end of January when I start craving them again. Even though I’m being more conscious of what I eat, now and then I like a sweet treat, such as these Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies. It’s all about balance, right?
If you’ve been following IBC for a while, you know I’m into peanut butter desserts. Last fall I made the ultimate Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookie, I’ve dipped classic Peanut Butter Cookies in Chocolate and don’t get me started on this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.
I’ve also experimented with the peanut butter and jelly flavor combination in a couple desserts. Remember those Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches and those Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars? So good!!
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies:
Despite my futzing, this cookie recipe is pretty easy and straightforward.
The dough comes together in minutes and requires no refrigeration time. Once the dough is made, you’re ready to portion it out.
From there, use your thumb to make an indentation on the top of each cookie. The bigger the indent, the more jam you can fit in, but be careful not to overfill or you’ll have a mess. I chose strawberry jelly, but you can use whatever flavor you desire.
Once the cookies are baked, piped peanut butter frosting adds the perfect finishing touch.
As I say with every cookie, these might be my new favorite. But seriously, this is one flavor combination I’ll probably never stop loving.
Want more peanut butter dessert recipes? Try these:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Lovers’ Peanut Butter Cookies
If you’re having a post-holiday cookie craving like I am, you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a try!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookie Recipe:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter - divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry jelly
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter with 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter until smooth. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth. This should take 4-5 minutes. Then, beat in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Stir in the reserved flour mixture until just combined.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough (with a spoon or small ice cream scoop) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Continue scooping balls of dough, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Gently press your thumb into the center of each ball to make an indentation. Then spoon about 1 teaspoon of jelly into each indent. Bake 12-13 minutes until lightly golden. Remove to a rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together the remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Whisk in the milk, a tablespoon at a time, until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping. Add this mixture to a piping bag or plastic baggie. Snip off the tip of one corner of the baggie and pipe the frosting over the cookies.
- Serve immediately or pack and store in an airtight container.