Made with store-bought phyllo pastry shells, these Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes will quickly become your new go-to entertaining dessert. They are simple to put together, and look like a professional baker created them. Best of all, they’re delicious!
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes:
I’m all about making entertaining easier, which is why I love this Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes recipe. What keeps things simple is using pre-made phyllo pastry shells for the base. Because there’s no fusing with dough, the hands-on time for preparing this adorable little dessert is minimal.
The resulting dessert has lots of flavor and texture. The phyllo cups are crunchy, the cheesecake is creamy and tangy, and the blueberry sauce is sweet and bright. When I was photographing these mini cheesecakes for the blog, it took all of my willpower to stop eating them. They are that good!
Almost anyone can make these Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes. Let me walk you through the steps.
How to Make Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes:
Start by baking the mini phyllo cups. Yes, they are pre-baked straight from the freezer, but this step makes them crispy and even tastier.
While the phyllo cups bake and then cool, prepare the cheesecake mixture and blueberry sauce. You can find the full ingredient list and step-by-step instructions for each in the printable recipe card below.
The cream cheese filling is a combination of cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until the filling is smooth and creamy. To make it easier to fill the cups, I recommend transferring the mixture to a piping bag. I like to keep a supply of these piping bags in my pantry.
No piping bag? No worries! Just use a plastic baggie with the corner cut off.
The blueberry sauce is also a breeze to make. In a saucepan, heat fresh blueberries and sugar with a splash of water and cinnamon. Cook until the blueberries burst and the sauce thickens. Let this cool. Then, mix in a half-cup of fresh blueberries. This gives the sauce the look of blueberries and adds another layer of blueberry flavor.
Next, you’re ready to assemble cheesecakes. Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the phyllo cups and then top each cup with a little blueberry sauce.
The Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes are now complete. Serve them right away or cover them and refrigerate until you need them. I recommend eating them on the same day you make them for optimal flavor, freshness, and crunch.
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes:
- Really Good Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Boy Bait
- Blueberry Swirled Meringues
- Wild Blueberry Grunt
- Mini Skillet Blueberry Pies
Now go ahead and whip up these Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes for your next party or family gathering. I guarantee your serving plate will be empty by the time the celebration is over. Enjoy!
Want More from Inspired by Charm?
I’m so happy you are here! Are you looking for more ways to create your happy place? Be sure to join the IBC Mailing List so you never miss a thing. You can also find me on social media for daily updates.
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes Recipe:
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- 3 packages frozen mini phyllo pastry shells - thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries - divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Lay out the mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until just golden brown. Cool completely.
- While the baked phyllo shells cool, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla, and sugar until smooth. This will take about 3 minutes. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or plastic baggie. Cut off one corner of the baggie. Pipe this mixture evenly amongst the cooled phyllo shells.
- Next, prepare the blueberry sauce by adding 1 cup of blueberries, sugar, water, and cinnamon to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for about 8 minutes. Stir continuously. The berries will burst, and the sauce will thicken.
- Remove the blueberry sauce from the heat and allow to cool. Then, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Spoon the blueberry sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
- Enjoy right away or cover and chill until you're ready to serve.