Are you on the hunt for a dessert that is both easy-to-make and impressive? Made with store-bought phyllo pastry shells, these Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes Bites will quickly become your new go-to entertaining dessert. They are simple to put together, and look like a professional baker created them. Best of all, they’re delicious!
I’m all about making entertaining easier, which is why I love this Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Bites recipe. What keeps things simple is using pre-made phyllo pastry shells for the base. (Remember when I used the shells to make these cranberry brie bites?) Because there’s no fusing with dough, the hands-on time for preparing this adorable little dessert is minimal. They are perfect bite-sized dessert for any holiday.
The resulting dessert has lots of flavor and texture. The phyllo cups are crunchy, the cheesecake is creamy and tangy, and the blueberry sauce is sweet and bright. When I was photographing these mini cheesecakes bites, it took all of my willpower to stop eating them. They are that good! HA!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- First of all, they are incredibly easy to make taking only 20-30 minutes of hands-on time. They are perfect for those times when you want to make a dessert that looks and tastes impressive, but don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen.
- Secondly, these little cheesecake bites are versatile and customizable. You can easily swap out the blueberries for other fruits, such as strawberries, raspberries or blackberries, or leave them plain for a classic cheesecake flavor. You can also add different toppings, such as whipped cream or chocolate shavings, to really make them your own.
- And finally, these mini blueberry cheesecake bites are just plain delicious! The creamy, tangy cheesecake filling pairs perfectly with the sweet and slightly tart blueberries, all encased in a crispy phyllo shell.
To create these delectable mini blueberry cheesecake bites, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients.
- mini phyllo pastry shells
- cream cheese
- lemon zest
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
How to Make
I’ll walk you through the steps for making these blueberry cheesecake bites. I’ve also provided a full ingredient list and detailed instructions in the printable recipe card below.
- Start by baking the mini phyllo cups. Yes, they are pre-baked straight from the freezer, but this step makes them crispy and even tastier.
- While the phyllo cups bake and then cool, prepare the cheesecake mixture and blueberry sauce. You can find the full ingredient list and step-by-step instructions for each in the printable recipe card below.
- The cream cheese filling is a combination of cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until the filling is smooth and creamy. To make it easier to fill the cups, I recommend transferring the mixture to a piping bag. I like to keep a supply of these piping bags in my pantry. (No piping bag? No worries! Just use a plastic baggie with the corner cut off.)
- The blueberry sauce is also a breeze to make. In a saucepan, heat fresh blueberries and sugar with a splash of water and cinnamon. Cook until the blueberries burst and the sauce thickens. Let this cool. Then, mix in a half-cup of fresh blueberries. This gives the sauce the look of blueberries and adds another layer of blueberry flavor.
- Next, you’re ready to assemble cheesecakes. Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the phyllo cups and then top each cup with a little blueberry sauce.
- The Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes are now complete. Serve them right away or cover them and refrigerate until you need them. I recommend eating them on the same day you make them for optimal flavor, freshness, and crunch.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Be sure to soften the cream cheese before using it to make the filling. This will make it easier to blend with the other ingredients and create a smooth and creamy texture.
- Use fresh blueberries for the best flavor and texture. Frozen blueberries can be used, but they may release too much moisture and make the filling runny.
- Baking your phyllo cups before filling them is essential to give them their beautifully crispy texture.
Not a fan of blueberries or want to mix this up? Try experimenting with some delicious variations for your cheesecake bites!
- You could swap out the blueberries for other fruits like raspberries, strawberries, or even mango.
- Alternatively, you could add in some chocolate chips, caramel sauce, or chopped nuts for an extra layer of flavor and crunch.
- Add in different spices or extracts. Vanilla extract is a classic choice that pairs well with the creamy cheesecake and sweet blueberries. However, you could also try using almond extract, cinnamon, or even a pinch of nutmeg for a warm and cozy flavor.
With so many delicious variations to try, you can create a unique and personalized mini cheesecake bite that is sure to impress your guests.
This recipe is perfect for impressing guests or simply indulging in a sweet treat at home. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create a beautiful and mouth-watering dessert in no time.
More Blueberry Recipes You Will Love
- Blueberry Shortcakes
- Really Good Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Boy Bait
- Blueberry Swirled Meringues
- Wild Blueberry Grunt
- Mini Skillet Blueberry Pies
Now go ahead and whip up these Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes Bites for your next party or family gathering. I guarantee your serving plate will be empty by the time the celebration is over. If you do, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Join the IBC Mailing List for inspiration in your inbox! Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Lay out the mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until just golden brown. Cool completely.
- While the baked phyllo shells cool, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla, and sugar until smooth. This will take about 3 minutes. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or plastic baggie. Cut off one corner of the baggie. Pipe this mixture evenly amongst the cooled phyllo shells.
- Next, prepare the blueberry sauce by adding 1 cup of blueberries, sugar, water, and cinnamon to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for about 8 minutes. Stir continuously. The berries will burst, and the sauce will thicken.
- Remove the blueberry sauce from the heat and allow to cool. Then, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Spoon the blueberry sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
- Enjoy right away or cover and chill until you’re ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Valerie Bertinelli