These Tortilla Roll-Ups are the perfect Christmas appetizer recipe. Stacked into a tree shape and served with salsa, they are an easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing snack.
Whether I’m the host or guest, roll-ups are one of my favorite appetizers. They are so simple to put together, and they are always packed with flavor. These Tortilla Roll-ups with Salsa are no exception.
While this recipe can be made any time of the year, I decided to dress up my roll-ups for the holidays! With clever stacking and a few “ornaments,” I made a roll-up Christmas tree! It’s fun to do, and the festive presentation will make this appetizer even more appealing to your holiday guests. Let me show you how quickly the roll-ups come together, plus my ideas for serving them.
Want more Christmas appetizer ideas? I have a great list of all my favorites HERE.
How to Make Tortilla Roll-Ups with Salsa:
Start by preparing your filling. I shared my favorite combination in the recipe below, but you can get creative with the ingredients and use what you like or have on hand. For best results, make sure the cream cheese is nicely softened so it’s easy to mix things in.
Once your filling is ready, spread it out on four flour tortillas. I used green ones since I would be stacking my roll-ups to look like a Christmas tree. However, you can use the color and type of flour tortillas you prefer.
Then, roll up the tortillas and pop them into the refrigerator so the cream cheese will stiffen. This will make slicing them easier.
Once the tortillas are firm, use a serrated knife to slice the roll-ups.
To serve, I stacked mine in the shape of a tree. To do this, get a round plate and add a layer of the sliced roll-ups. Continue stacking the roll-ups, making each layer smaller and smaller.
To decorate the tree, tuck in a few cherry tomatoes and finish the top with a star cut out of yellow pepper. (Like I did for my Christmas Tree Cheeseball!)
While the roll-ups are delicious on their own, I recommend serving them with your favorite salsa. This will make the flavors pop.
And voila! The perfect Christmas appetizer is ready to serve your guests. I think everyone is going to love these Tortilla Roll-ups with Salsa.
Want more Christmas Appetizer Ideas? Try these:
Tortilla Roll-Ups with Salsa:
Tortilla Roll-ups with Salsa
- 2 packages (16 ounces total) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimentos, drained and patted dry
- 1 jar (4 ounces) green chilis, drained and patted dry
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 green onions - chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper - plus a piece cut into a star shape
- 3/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 12-inch green flour tortillas
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- Salsa for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and the ranch dressing mix until evenly combined.
- Then add the pimentos, green chilis, black olives, green onions, yellow pepper, and cheddar cheese. Stir gently until they evenly distributed in the cream cheese.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture on the four tortillas. Then, using a spatula, spread the mixture on each tortilla in an even layer. Keep the mixture a 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Roll up the tortillas. Set them on a plate and cover it with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm. Then using a serrated knife, cut the tortillas into 1/2-inch slices.
- Stack in layers to form a "tree." Garnish with cherry tomato "ornaments" and a yellow pepper "star." Serve with salsa.