With creamy mascarpone and fresh tart cranberries, this Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast recipe will quickly become your new favorite breakfast for the holiday and winter season.
Yes friends, we’re serving up some holiday inspired breakfast today on Inspired by Charm. I made this Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast recipe as part of a brand collaboration I shared on social media.
And while I created a video (below) detailing the recipe step-by-step, many of you were asking for it in blog form, so here it is!
I thought this would be a unique, seasonal, and somewhat fancy breakfast idea for the holidays. And not to pat myself on the back, but goodness this is a delicious recipe!
How to Make Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast:
This recipe is really simple to put together. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to put together. How perfect is that for assembling in the morning.
You’re going to start by whisking together a quick custard base in a bowl. You can use milk or half & half if you want something a bit more decadent.
For the bread, I used this French Brioche I found at Walmart. It comes pre-sliced and it works beautifully for this recipe. I mentioned needed a loaf below, but you could probably squeeze in a few extra slices from a second loaf if you’d like.
Dip the bread into the egg mixture and then lay it all out into a baking pan. The size of this particular bread fits perfectly into a 9×13 pan in two rows. Then pour the remaining egg mixture into the pan.
(If you wanted, you could stop at this point and leave this sit in the refrigerator overnight if you want even less work in the morning.)
With the bread in the pan, sprinkle the top with fresh cranberries and dollops of mascarpone. The mascarpone will melt so the placement of the dollops isn’t super important, just make sure it’s somewhat even.
Also, if for some reason you don’t like mascarpone, you could easily substitute cream cheese or even goat cheese.
To cut the tang of the cheese, drizzle everything with some honey.
With that, this Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast is ready to be baked. I baked it for a bit covered and then for a bit uncovered so the top can get a little golden brown.
When it comes out of the oven, add some orange zest to the top and it’s ready to be served!
I like mine with pure maple syrup, but you can use more honey or even just a dusting of powdered sugar would be delish.
Speaking of maple syrup, I always have to give a shout out to my friend Laura over at Finding Home Farms.
Her maple syrup is the bomb.com. In fact, it’s the only syrup I’ll buy. She’s built an incredible business over the past few years and I’m always thrilled to support a friend. You can check her (and her syrup) out here.
And that’s it, this Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast recipe is complete!
Looking for more delicious breakfast ideas? Try these:
- Berry Stuffed French Toast
- The BEST Bacon
- Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Really Good Blueberry Muffins
- Spinach, Bacon, and Swiss Quiche
This would be delicious for breakfast over the holidays and beyond. It’s the perfect way to entertain and warm up overnight guests (or your family) on a chilly morning.
Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast Recipe Video:
Mascarpone Cranberry French Toast
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degree F. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the egg mixture for a few seconds and then set into the baking dish. Continue with all of the bread overlapping as needed in the pan. Pour the remaining egg mixture onto the bread.
- Sprinkle the top with cranberries and dollops of mascarpone. Drizzle with honey.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with freshly grated orange zest and pure maple syrup and / or additional honey.