Everyone needs a quick and easy overnight breakfast casserole. This recipe is so simple to make and loaded with flavor. You’re going to love it!
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole:
Whether you’re having overnight guests, planning a special brunch, or just wanting something different to serve your family in the morning, you’ll want to try this delicious overnight breakfast casserole.
As a former innkeeper, breakfast is one of my favorite meals. (I say “one of” because, if I’m honest, I like every meal!) I have fixed breakfast for many people and have long enjoyed experimenting and creating new recipes to start the day.
What I love about this overnight breakfast casserole is that it’s a blend of classic flavors that many folks seem to enjoy. However, it also serves up a lot of flexibility.
How to Make Overnight Breakfast Casserole:
Simply by swapping breads, cheeses, meats, or vegetables, you can customize this casserole to please any palette or come up with a new flavor combo each weekend of the year.
For this particular recipe, I started with French bread and a dozen eggs. (Makes sense for breakfast, right?)
From there I went with traditional breakfast flavors, including ham, cheddar cheese, and chopped peppers. For even more flavor, I added dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme.
All of this gets mixed together and refrigerated overnight. Come morning, all you do is turn on your oven and bake the casserole.
This is another huge perk of this recipe, especially if you’re not a morning person.
Now just slice, serve, and enjoy! Breakfast is ready!
In case you’re looking for something to go along with this recipe…
Here’s what to serve with this overnight breakfast casserole?
- Really Good Blueberry Muffins
- Brown Sugar Bacon
- Yogurt parfaits with Homemade Granola and Berries
- Braided Nutella Bread
- Raspberry Pineapple Bellinis
If you’re anything like me, you’re craving some breakfast right about now. Am I correct?
I hope you enjoy this Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole. Give it a try the next time you’re put in charge of breakfast!
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole Recipe:
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup chopped peppers - (red, yellow, orange, or green)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Fill with the bread, ham, peppers, and cheese. Mix to evenly combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour this mixture on top of the bread mixture. Gently press down the bread with a spoon. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Cover the pan with aluminum foil if the top begins to brown too quickly. (If preparing the casserole in advance, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake as directed.)
- Garnish with fresh thyme and slice to serve.