This Apple Pie Moonshine is an easy recipe you can make at home. Serve it for special occasions or present it as gifts to friends and family. Either way, you’ll enjoy this delicious and flavorful recipe!
Yesterday I was delighted to share my Tips for Celebrating Friendsgiving. As promised, today I’m back with the recipe for Apple Pie Moonshine. Cheers!
This homemade apple pie moonshine recipe comes from my sister-in-law, Missy. She’s been making this moonshine for the past couple of years. I’m not sure why I hadn’t thought to share it with you sooner.
It’s become tradition of sorts for us to have a sip during the holidays and on special occasions. It also makes a unique gift for friends, family, and neighbors, whatever the occasion.
What is Moonshine?
If you’ve never had Apple Pie Moonshine, I must warn you that it’s as dangerous as it is delicious!
This moonshine is made from 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear), so it packs a punch. Given that it also tastes amazing, it’s best in moderation and should only be served by the shot. Please enjoy responsibly.
How Do You Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
To make the moonshine, simmer apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices for an hour to blend all the flavors together. (While the juice is cooking, check out my Friendsgiving playlist here.)
Once cooled, add the alcohol. The Apple Pie Moonshine is ready to drink. It’s that simple. However, I recommend letting it sit in the refrigerator for about a month. The longer it sits, the better it gets.
Now, if your state doesn’t sell 190 proof grain alcohol, you can substitute 150 proof or use more vodka.
How long does flavored moonshine last?
If you can and seal them, the should last up to two years. Once you open them, I’d say about 3 months in the refrigerator.
However, I like to store mine in the freezer. They can last in the freezer for up to two years as well.
No matter how you make it, this moonshine is a delicious treat in small doses and, and, as I said, it makes a special gift. You can grab the full recipe for this delicious apple pie moonshine recipe below.
Like this moonshine recipe? Try these cocktails:
Thank you so much for joining me for Friendsgiving! I hope you like this Apple Pie Moonshine recipe. Cheers, my friends!
Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe:
Apple Pie Moonshine
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 gallon apple juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 6 cinnamon sticks - plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle grain alcohol, 190 proof
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka
- In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and apple pie spice. Bring to almost a boil. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat. Simmer for one hour. Remove the pot from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cool, remove the cinnamon sticks. Stir in the grain alcohol and vodka. Transfer the apple pie moonshine into sterilized quart jars or bottles and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- The Apple Pie Moonshine can be enjoyed immediately. However, for the best flavor, store it sealed in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks before drinking. Shake well before serving.