These Mini Cheesecakes in Mason Jars are such a quick and easy dessert everyone will love. Dressed up with chocolate garnishes, they make the perfect holiday treat.
I’m back to share another delicious and totally adorable recipe with you for these mini cheesecakes in mason jars. Around the holidays there is nothing better than being home and whipping up deliciousness in the kitchen.
Years ago, before buying a B&B and becoming a blogger, I lived in Philadelphia and worked for a hotel chain. The holidays were always so busy at work that I was never able to go home for Christmas. I can’t tell you how much I hated that.
Nowadays I’m so grateful and happy to be home. Plus, I can make as many sweet treats as I want because I have lots of friends and family around to share them with.
So, without further ado, on to the cheesecakes!
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes in Mason Jars:
I love making single serving food. While it takes a little longer in the kitchen, there is just something extra special about it.
Last year for our Christmas Eve celebration at my mom’s house I made these adorable mini cheesecakes in 4 ounce mason jars. They were such a big hit (and I failed to blog about them) so I’m recreating them this year as an idea for your holiday gatherings.
Obviously, you can make these any time of the year and adjust the toppings to your liking or the season. For these, I decided to make a few little chocolate trees and stars for garnish. They really amp up the cuteness.
Aren’t they cute? It’s the perfect size for a delicious sampling of cheesecake. These will certainly be a hit at your house over the holidays.
Good luck everyone and happy baking!
Mini Mason Jar Cheesecakes
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Press two large spoonfuls into each jar. Use a cork, or something similar, to press the mixture tightly into the jar. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly pour in the condensed milk. Beat until smooth.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla bean seeds. Mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the jars until each three-quarters full.
- Place the jars into two 13×9" baking pans. Twelve jars per pan. Then fill the pans with hot water. The water level will be about halfway up the jars.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes. Remove the cheesecakes from the oven before any browning occurs.
- Using a towel or oven mitt, remove the jars from the water and allow them to cool completely. The pans and the water will be very hot.
- Next, make the chocolate garnishes. Line your counter or a baking tray with waxed paper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for 20 – 30 seconds. Continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Place chocolate in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Snip off a very small piece from one corner.
- Pipe your trees or stars onto the wax paper. Be sure to make your lines thick so they won’t easily break after hardening. If you’d like, sprinkle with jimmies before they set. Chill, and then remove from the wax paper.
- Add any topping you'd like to your cheesecakes. (Caramel, cherry. pie filling, chocolate, etc.) Place your chocolate garnishes on your mini cheesecakes and they are ready to serve.