These bacon cheddar ranch pinwheels are a real crowd pleasing appetizer! Not only are they packed with flavor, but they are so easy to make!
Whether you plan recipes for big family meals, fun parties during football games, or just want something different for lunch, this recipe is perfect!
Whenever my schedule becomes booked up with parties, I look for quick, easy, and flavorful recipes that I can serve my guests or bring with me to share. These bacon cheddar ranch pinwheels are it!
To get this entertaining season started off right, I’m going to show you how to make these bacon cheddar ranch pinwheels.
I love a delicious pinwheel recipe for parties and small gatherings. In fact, over the years, I’ve shared many of them here on Inspired by Charm. Be sure to checkout the full collection of my favorite pinwheel appetizer recipes.
In my neck of the woods, pinwheels are known as roll-ups. In my family, they are popular for get-togethers. Why? Because they are so simple and they make a mouth-watering little snack.
Here’s what I used in my pinwheels:
- Cream Cheese – This is the base of the filling; you’ll want to soften it so it is easier to spread.
- Cheddar Cheese – Use a box grater to shred the cheese at home for a fresher taste.
- Bacon – Pre-cook the bacon to save yourself time. Make sure it is extra crispy.
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix – What is a ranch pinwheel without ranch seasoning?
- Extra Spices – I enhanced the ranch seasoning with some fresh dill and parsley.
- Tortillas – Use your favorite size, but I found that 10-inch tortillas are easier to wrap.
How to Make
Here, I’m changing the classic recipe by boosting the flavor with Hidden Valley Ranch and thick-cut bacon. Plus, I sprinkle on some fresh herbs to add even more flavor!
As you’ll see in the recipe below, all of the ingredients are mixed together and spread on tortillas. The tortillas then get rolled up to make the pinwheels.
Pop them into the refrigerator to chill, then slice and serve! It is truly that easy. I told you they were the perfect entertaining food.
Don’t they look great?
How to Serve
For serving, I like to line up the pinwheels on a plate and garnish them with more herbs to give them a bit more color.
You can also serve these with a dip! Here a few dip options to consider:
- ranch dressing
- taco sauce
Then you’re ready to serve these bacon cheddar ranch pinwheels!
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about cheddar bacon ranch pinwheels. If you don’t see your question in this list, please leave it in the comments.
Can I make pinwheels the day before?
Yes, you definitely can! You can store them for up to 24 hours before the flavor and texture start to change. I suggest keeping them in an airtight container in the refrigerator the day before.
Are pinwheels healthy?
That depends on your definition of healthy. They have fewer carbs than sandwiches and are made without any added sugar. However, cream cheese and bacon are kind of high in fat, if that’s something you are tracking.
How do you keep pinwheels together?
I noticed that when I rolled my pinwheels up, the cream cheese helped everything stick together perfectly. If you are having trouble, try sticking a toothpick through them to keep them together.
What more tasty pinwheel recipes? Try these:
- Tortilla Pinwheels with Salsa
- Veggie Pizza Pinwheels
- Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pinwheels
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Italian Sub Pinwheels
What are some of your favorite go-to snacks for parties or small gatherings?
If you like this recipe and want more tortilla pinwheel and roll-up ideas, be sure to check out my other pinwheel recipes.
Delicious! You can grab the full recipe for these cheddar bacon ranch pinwheels below. This is the perfect appetizer to make for a large group at a party.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 3/4 cup cooked bacon - chopped (about 5-6 slices)
- 1/2 package Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh flat leaf parsley - chopped
- pepper to taste
- 5 each (10-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, dill, and parsley.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture among five tortillas and spread evenly.
- Tightly roll up the tortillas. Set on a plate, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerator for a few hours. When ready to serve, cut off the ends, and cut the rolls into slices. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.