These Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups make a delicious and easy appetizers with all the flavors of a classic Italian sub!
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups:
Today, is a special day on Inspired by Charm. Not only am I teaching how to make these Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups, we’re having a baby shower! I bet you didn’t expect to be attending a baby shower on a random Wednesday in March. Surprise!!
My friend Joanne of Fifteen Spatulas recently welcomed her first little bundle of joy to the world. (Yes, this is a Welcome Baby Shower rather than a Pre-Baby Shower.) A group of bloggers thought it would be fun to throw Joanne and her new baby James, a little party!
All of us have teamed up to share lots of delicious recipes, including appetizers, desserts, and nonalcoholic drinks! I’m joining the appetizer crew to make Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-ups. When it comes to parties in my family, roll-ups are a must, so I thought I’d also make them for Joanne’s virtual shower.
After I walk you through my recipe, be sure to check out the links at the end of this post where you’ll find the recipes of the other bloggers involved in this fabulously festive baby shower!
As I said, I love roll-ups (or pinwheels if you prefer) for entertaining. Not only are they simple to make, but they look beautiful and are full of flavor.
How to Make Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups:
These roll-ups channel the flavors of a classic Italian sub. To start, a layer of cream cheese is loaded with Italian seasonings and sub sandwich veggies. This stuff is yummy. I especially love the addition of the banana peppers.
With the cream cheese layer evenly spread on a tortilla, you can start building the other layers which include salami, pepperoni, and Provolone cheese.
Tomatoes and mixed greens finish things off, and now you’re ready to roll.
After inserting a few toothpicks to hold everything together, cut the rolled-up tortilla into one-inch slices and serve.
Who knew you could pack the yumminess of a classic Italian sub into a bite-sized appetizer?
The recipe is below, but feel free to make these Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-ups your own. If you don’t like black olives or if tomatoes aren’t your thing, leave them out. You do you!
Now, let’s get cooking. We have a baby shower to get to.
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups:
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons banana pepper - chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion - diced
- 3 green onions - chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper - chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) black olives, drained and chopped
- 32 slices Genoa salami
- 24 slices pepperoni - sandwich size
- 24 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 large tomatoes - thinly sliced (remove some of the juice and seeds)
- 3 cups mixed greens
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, salad dressing mix, banana pepper, red onion, green onion, red pepper, and black olives. Mix with a hand mixer until combined.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture onto a tortilla.
- On top of the cream cheese mixture, place four slices of salami, three slices of pepperoni, and three slices of Provolone cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Top with a few slices of tomato and a sprinkle of mixed greens. Roll up tightly.
- Place several toothpicks about 1-inch apart down the rolled tortilla. Cut in between the toothpicks to create the pinwheels. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings. Refrigerate until it's time to serve them.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? I recommend these:
- Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- Homemade Pizza Bread
- The BEST Vegetable Dip
- Artichoke Wonton Wrappers
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinewheels
A big congrats to Joanne and her hubby on their new addition. Welcome to the world, James. You’re a lucky little guy. Your mom is a special lady. She’s also an outstanding cook and baker, so get ready for a future full of fabulous food.
And thank you so much for joining us! Don’t forget to continue on with the shower by checking out more delicious treats below. Enjoy!
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-ups from Michael of Inspired by Charm (You are here!)
Roasted Red Pepper Sun Dried Tomato Hummus from Jeanette of Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup from Sadie of Dairy Good Life
Whipped Goat Cheese & Blueberry Balsamic Crostini from Meseidy of The Noshery
Rosemary Flatbread with Baked Goat Cheese from Heidi of FoodieCrush
Spring Herb Cream Cheese Appetizer Cups from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Crostini with Almond Ricotta and Spicy Olive Tapenade from Heather of HeatherChristo
Chocolate-Covered Rice Krispies Treats from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Orange Fluff from Jamie of My Baking Addiction
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies from Susannah of Feast + West
Ombre Heart Cookies from Bridget of Bake at 350
Mini Coconut Pound Cakes from Mary of Barefeet In The Kitchen
Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting from Jennifer of Savory Simple
Unicorn Shaped Cookies from Jessie of CakeSpy
Oreo Cheesecake Bites from Brenda of a farmgirl’s dabbles
Lemon Blueberry Bread from Glory of Glorious Treats
Blintz with Blackberry Sauce from Sommer of A Spicy Perspective
Pastel Rainbow Cake from Bree of Baked Bree
Individual Chocolate Souffles from Andie of Andie Mitchell