Italian Sub Pinwheel SandwichesThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Italian Sub Pinwheel Sandwiches make a delicious and easy appetizer with all the flavors of a classic Italian sub!
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious finger food that everyone will love, look no further. When you need a great appetizer to take to any kind of get-together, you want something both simple and tasty! These pinwheels are perfect for game day, holiday parties, or just any day of the week. Packed with all the flavors of an Italian sub sandwich, these pinwheels will become a hit in your home and anywhere you take them!
An Italian sub pinwheel sandwich is a delicious combination of flavors, textures, and colors. The pinwheels are made with thin slices of Italian sub sandwich meat, cheese, and vegetables. The ingredients are layered and rolled up, creating a pinwheel shape.
You know I love a pinwheel recipe here on Inspired by Charm. That’s why I have an entire blog post dedicated to these delicious and easy-to-make appetizers!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect appetizer – full of flavor and color!
- Read in 30 minutes – so simple to make!
- Colorful and perfect for party displays – make them any time of the year!
- Crowd pleaser – everyone is going to love these!
Ingredients for this Pinwheel Sandwich
You only need a few ingredients to make these Italian Sub Pinwheel Sandwiches.
- Flour tortillas
- Cream cheese: make sure to leave time to let the cream cheese soften
- Dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Banana pepper: chopped
- Red onion: diced
- Green onions: chopped
- Red pepper: chopped
- Black olives: drained and chopped
- Genoa salami
- Pepperoni sandwich size
- Provolone cheese
- Tomatoes thinly sliced: remove some of the juice and seeds
- Mixed greens
How To Make Italian Sub Pinwheel Sandwiches
I’ll walk you through the steps for making Italian Sub Pinwheel Sandwiches. For your convenience, I’ve provided a full ingredient list and recipe instructions at the bottom of this post.
- First, you’ll combine the cream cheese filling ingredients and mix them with a hand mixer to make your spread.
- Next, spread the cream cheese mixture onto a tortilla.
- On top of the cream cheese mixture, you’ll place the salami, pepperoni, and provolone cheese.
- Then add the tomato and a sprinkle of mixed greens and roll up the tortilla.
- Cut into slices and then refrigerate until it’s time to serve. Repeat with your remaining tortillas.
That’s it! These pinwheel sandwiches are ready to be served!
Looking to try these in a different way? Let me help!
- Use spinach instead of mixed greens, or leave out the greens altogether.
- Leave out banana peppers or substitute with jalapeños.
- Swap out the deli meats for whatever you love!
You can even try pinwheels inspired by your favorite sandwiches including:
- BLT Sandwich
- Club Sandwich
- Reuben Sandwich
- Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Get creative and have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make pinwheel sandwiches the night before?
Yes! Make pinwheel sandwiches up to 24 hours in advance and save time the day you need them.
How many pinwheel sandwiches per person?
You’ll want to make sure each person has 4-6 pinwheel sandwiches. Keep in mind that you won’t use the end slices, so be sure you don’t count them when you’re deciding how many pinwheels you’ll need.
Do you refrigerate pinwheels before cutting?
Refrigerating pinwheels before cutting them may make it easier to get a clean cut. But you can also use toothpicks to keep the pinwheel together while you cut it as soon as it has been rolled up.
More Appetizer Sandwiches to Try
- Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Roll-Ups
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
- Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Italian Hoagie Dip
Ready to give these Italian Sub Pinwheel Sandwiches a try? If you do, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Join the IBC Mailing List for inspiration in your inbox! Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Italian Sub Pinwheel Sandwiches
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons banana pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) black olives, drained and chopped
- 32 slices Genoa salami
- 24 slices pepperoni sandwich size
- 24 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 large tomatoes thinly sliced (remove some of the juice and seeds)
- 3 cups mixed greens
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, salad dressing mix, banana pepper, red onion, green onion, red pepper, and black olives. Mix with a hand mixer until combined.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture onto a tortilla.
- On top of the cream cheese mixture, place four slices of salami, three slices of pepperoni, and three slices of Provolone cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Top with a few slices of tomato and a sprinkle of mixed greens. Roll up tightly.
- Place several toothpicks about 1-inch apart down the rolled tortilla. Cut in between the toothpicks to create the pinwheels. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings. Refrigerate until it’s time to serve them.
Thanks for sharing this Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups, this seems so delicious and amazing . Will love to try this amazing one .
great blog thanks for sharing this information sir…
Love this recipe and now I have instructions about how to make p, will surely gonna try this one. Thanks for sharing with us.
This “ITALIAN SUB SANDWICH ROLL-UPS ” seems so delicious, will try this, my little one gonna love this , Thanks for sharing.
Love this layered rolls, looking so delicious , my little one will definitely gonna love it .
I love Montand’s Arm with the Radio tower! The simplicity of Jack’s eye is also great. I love these! I would definitely buy these!
Epic! I’ll definitely be making these again!
Can you make the cream cheese spread ahead of time?
I made these for a work wedding shower and they were a big hit. I love the italian flavors and they are filling. I’m making them again for my husband’s 50th lake party! Yay
How long will these last in the fridge?
I would make and serve it on the same day.
thanks for sharig this recipe … my son and wife liked so much..
So glad you enjoyed them!!
Will make these for the hubs. Yum
The pics are awesome and the food looks delicious.
I love the porch video Michael! It’s just gorgeous!
Thank you, Linda!!
This is good
I’m always on a look out for great food gift ideas : this Italian sandwich is cool
Hi! These look great! I’m curious what size tortilla you used? Thanks in advance!!
What size tortilla is used
Can I make these the day before and refrigerate or will they get soggy?
I would recommend making these the same day you serve them.
That’s great, thanks for your instructions
I am really lucky that I got a chance to read your article. It was great.