These Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups are a delicious appetizer recipe with classic flavors that everyone will love!
Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups:
I’m not sure what it says about me, but I have a fondness for any food with “Buffalo chicken” in its name. (Me and about a million other folks, right?) If you feel the same way and are looking for a quick and easy appetizer that’s designed to please, you’re going to love these Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups.
Whether you call them roll-ups or pinwheels, these flavor-packed swirly bites have become a party classic. In fact, I’ve shared two other recipes (Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels and Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups) that quickly became two extremely popular recipes here on IBC.
What I especially like about roll-ups is that they are easy to prepare. You can also make them in almost any flavor imaginable, and they are great for parties because they are a no-mess, one-bite treat.
How-t0 Make Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups:
For these Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups, you need to start with cooked chicken breast. My favorite way to cook chicken breasts (as taught by queen Ina Garten) is to roast them in the oven. Just drizzle the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then bake at 350 degrees F until cooked through. This is a super easy method that keeps the meat flavorful and moist.
After the chicken breasts have cooled, shred them with your fingers and mix everything together.
Yes, this recipe calls for blue cheese. However, the blue cheese doesn’t stand out. It just enhances the other flavors. Even if you’re not a big fan of blue cheese, I think you’ll still love this recipe.
Spread the delicious mixture onto a tortilla and then roll it up. (I used whole grain tortillas, but any variety you like will be fine.) Pop the rolled tortillas into the refrigerator before cutting. This allows them to firm up, resulting in a prettier presentation.
Serve the roll-ups up with celery sticks, and you’re good to go! You could even offer a dip of ranch or blue cheese dressing, however, I don’t think it’s necessary.
I told you, super simple and so delicious!
If you like this Roll-Up recipe, you will probably like these as well:
- Veggie Pizza Roll-Ups
- Tortilla Roll-Ups with Salsa
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels
- Italian Sub Roll-Ups
- Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
If you’re like me and love anything “Buffalo chicken,” I recommend giving these a try.
Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the blue cheese, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and garlic powder.
- Add the chicken, red onion, celery, and Buffalo wing sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate the tortillas about 2 hours.
- Slice each tortilla roll into 8 slices. Discard (or snack on) the two end pieces.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.