Woah! What’s happening? This isn’t a post about cookies! You’re right. I’m interrupting Fall Cookie Week to bring you some last-minute fall decorating ideas. (Don’t worry, there’s still a cookie recipe for today. You can find it here.)
Each month I team up with a few blogger friends to share a series of posts with 10 minute ideas. Whether we are creating, decorating, or cooking, the array of ideas shared each month is always inspired. So, when you’re finished here, be sure to check out all of the 10 Minute Decorating Ideas below.
Since most of my fall decorating is complete, (Yes, I’m one of those weird folks who switches into Christmas mode on the first day of November.), I thought today would be a great opportunity to round up 10 Quick and Easy Fall Decorating Ideas. With Halloween just around the corner and Thanksgiving less then a month away, I decided to use this post to recap ten of my favorite IBC fall decorating ideas. Each of these ideas requires minimal time, effort, and money.. So, if you’re looking for a few more inspired fall decorating ideas, this post is for you.
10 Quick and Easy Fall Decorating Ideas:
1. Pumpkin Cake Stand – In case you need to create a little height and interest on your table or buffet, consider turning a pumpkin into a cake stand. Just remove the stem and add a plate.
2. “Acorn” Acorn Squash – This is a fun little craft I recently created. All you need is rope, hot glue, and acorn squash to add a rustic touch to your fall decor. Get the full tutorial here.
3. Create a Candy Bar – As part of my Fall Home Tour, I created a candy bar in my office. Not only does it look beautiful, but it’s functional, too. Of course, who doesn’t love a display of sweet treats. (Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any pounds gained from implementation of this decor idea.)
4. Fall Branches – Right now, nature is putting on a color show. Why not bring some of this natural color into your home? Don’t fret if you live in the city or don’t have trees to snip. I found these brightly colored branches online.
5. Printables – Hit up places like Pinterest or Etsy for seasonal printables. I found this “Hello Fall” printable from this fabulous Etsy shop for $5. That’s a steal for artwork that’s become a feature on my mantel. Etsy has hundreds of seasonal printables, and most a pretty inexpensive. If you’re lucky, you may even be able to find free printables via Pinterest.
More Quick and Easy Fall Decorating Ideas:
6. Flowers – Blooms aren’t just for spring and summer. I like to display fresh flowers and greens all year long. In the fall, things like mums, sunflowers, and even yellow and orange roses beautifully complement your decor. If possible, pick a flower that’s in season. If you can’t, use color as your guide and pair your floral choice with a seasonal vase. Tuck in autumn leaves or branches for even more fall flare. (More fall flower tips here.)
7. Pumpkin Planter – Speaking of nature, turn a pumpkin into a planter. Here I used succulents I had leftover from summer to create an interesting fall display. (See how I created it here.) You can keep the pumpkin planter as is, or add a few spiders to create a hair-raising effect.
8. Candlesticks – Okay, let’s finish this up with a few Halloween decorating ideas. I don’t like to get too scary and gruesome when it comes to Halloween decor. However, I do like to have a bit of fun. One way to add instant spookiness is with a bunch of candlesticks and candles. I’m not sure what it is, but a grouping of them make things instantly eerie. Stacks of books and spiders help, too. You can check out the full tutorial for this Spooky Chic Mantel here.
9. Chalkboard Wall – A few years ago I had a wall painted with chalkboard paint. I enjoyed updating the board with the change of seasons. One year, inspired by the Halloween favorite, Hocus Pocus, I drew the Hocus Pocus Broom Co. on my chalkboard wall. Talk about a statement piece! While this is a fairly large scale drawing (and it did take longer than ten minutes), you could create something similar and smaller on a portion of a wall or even a large board.
10. Book Pages – If you have some older books that are damaged or no longer usable, put them to work in your decor. I found seasonal images online and printed them onto old book pages. (You can find the full tutorial here.) Then I used the book pages all around my home to decorate. This theme brought a consistent look throughout my home.
Bonus Idea: Cocktail Garnishes – Sometimes the magic is in the details. Okay, technically this isn’t decorating, but it does involve embellishing glassware, so it qualifies. I made basic cocktails seasonal just by switching up the garnish. A martini with a dripping “blood” rim and a highball that’s been haunted are perfect for Halloween. You can get the recipes for these cocktails here.
I hope you enjoyed this collection of fall decorating ideas. For more simple tips and tricks, be sure to check out the posts linked up below.
More Fall Decor Ideas:
10 Minute Decorating Ideas for Fall – Julie Blanner
No-Sew Plaid Flannel Blanket – Finding Home Farms
10 Minute Fall Decorating – Miss Mustard Seed
10 Minute Mini Fall Floral Arrangements – Dream Green DIY
10 Minute Wood Sign – Thistlewood Farms