Are you looking for a refreshing drink that can be enjoyed all year round? Look no further than sangria! This delicious beverage is a crowd-pleaser with its variety of fruit and flavor options. But with so many choices, it can be overwhelming to know what to serve when. That’s why I’ve created the ultimate guide to year-round sangria.
In this post, I’m sharing all of my favorite sangria recipes along with the best ingredients for each season and provide tips for making the perfect sangria. From light and fruity to rich and spiced, there’s a recipe for everyone. So grab a glass and sip on the seasons with me!
Concocting a new sangria recipe is also pure pleasure. It’s one of my favorite cocktails to make and I never tire of it. There’s a sangria recipe to work with almost any meal, holiday, and celebration!
What is Sangria?
Sangria is a refreshing drink that originated in Spain and has now become a popular drink all over the world. It is typically made with a blend of wine, chopped fruit, and a sweetener such as sugar or honey. Other ingredients such as brandy or triple sec can also be added to give it an extra kick. The drink has a rich history and has evolved over the years to include different variations which can be enjoyed during any season.
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- There are an endless possibilities of flavor combinations, so you’re sure to find a recipe that suits your taste buds.
- It’s an easy-to-make drink that can be put together in minutes.
- Sangria makes it easy to serve a large crowd with little very little effort.
- From light and refreshing summer sangrias to warm and spiced winter versions, there’s a sangria recipe for every season.
As the weather starts to warm up, it’s the perfect time to switch up your drink game with a refreshing and light Spring Sangria. These recipes are all about using fresh fruits and herbs that complement the season’s flavors. Strawberries, raspberries, and lemon are great choices for a fruity base. Adding herbs like basil or mint adds a subtle yet delightful twist that mixes perfectly with the wine.
This sangria looks and tastes like a million bucks! It’s a blend of citrus, fresh berries, and rosé wine, making it perfect for your spring entertaining.
You will love this easy sangria recipe. White wine, orange liqueur, and lemon-lime soda, complemented with a variety of fresh fruit, make it light, bright, and oh so tasty.
Verde is Spanish for “green,” which means this is simply green sangria. Made with green fruits and herbs, I can assure you the flavor lives up to the name.
As the weather heats up, it’s time to switch from Spring Sangria to a refreshing Summer Sangria. These sangria recipes all about bright, juicy fruit that’s in season. Think ripe peaches, sweet strawberries, and tangy pineapple.
With its bright colors and citrus flavors, this Campari Sangria is as refreshing as it is beautiful. You can serve this sangria recipe for brunch, dinner, or anything in-between. This is my new go-to sangria recipe. I’m LOVING it!
Fresh basil, ripe blackberries, and refreshing lemon make this a gorgeous and wonderful-tasting cocktail for your summer parties. Club soda gives the sangria fizz, but it’s optional.
To create these gorgeous summertime treats, pour a mixture of wine, limoncello, and juice into popsicle molds filled with fruit. Freeze, unmold just before serving, and enjoy!
Ladled from a large glass jar, this lovely red sangria is guaranteed to cool you down on a hot day. Sangria Tinto tastes so good, you may end up drinking it directly from the jar just as I did!
This is a fun take on traditional sangria. The bright color and refreshing taste of elderflower liqueur mixed with mango juice and pineapple juice will knock your socks off!
Dive into a pool of refreshing bliss with this refreshing Watermelon Sangria recipe! Crafted for warm weather sipping, this vibrant concoction combines the juicy sweetness of watermelon with a zesty twist of lime and a splash of spirits. Get ready to elevate your summer gatherings and satisfy your taste buds with this irresistible libation!
As the leaves start to turn and the temperature drops, it’s time to switch from Summer Sangria to a cozy Fall Sangria. These recipes are all about warm spices and seasonal fruits. Think juicy apples, tart cranberries, and fragrant cinnamon.
Celebrate the beauty of fall with this glorious cocktail! Made with red wine, apple pie vodka, and seasonal fruit and spices, this sangria is just the thing for large gatherings. (Of course, you can make half a recipe for smaller groups.)
Mix white wine, apples, pears, and cinnamon, and you have autumn in a glass. You’ll be looking for any excuse to serve this delicious sangria recipe.
This lovely libation tastes like apple pie (sans the crust). The secret ingredient is Apple Pie Spice Simple Syrup which I will show you how to make.
As the temperatures continue to drop and winter settles in, it’s time to transition from Fall Sangria to a new and exciting Winter Sangria. While the previous recipe was all about warm spices and seasonal fruits, Winter Sangria is a bit more decadent and indulgent. Instead of cider and cinnamon, this version features rich red wine, dark chocolate, and a hint of orange.
Flavored with cinnamon, oranges, and cranberries, this is a delightful non-alcoholic sangria that all your guests can savor during holiday parties. Red grape juice and cold brewed tea take the place of wine. I also garnished these with my DIY bottle brush tree drink stirrers.
Need something to warm you up from the inside out? This easy-to-make sangria recipe is loaded with cranberries and seasonal spices. It’s likely to become one of your go-to holiday drinks.
Tips for Making the Perfect Sangria
To ensure that your next Sangria batch is a hit, follow these tip
- First, use fresh, high-quality ingredients. This will make a difference in the overall taste and appearance of the drink.
- Second, don’t be afraid to experiment with different fruits and flavors. Sangria is a flexible drink that can accommodate a wide range of ingredients, so have fun with it!
- Third, let the Sangria sit for at least a few hours before serving. This will allow the flavors to fully mix and develop, resulting in a more delicious drink.
- Finally, don’t forget to chill the Sangria before serving. This will give the drink a refreshing and crisp taste. With these tips, you can’t go wrong when making Sangria for any occasion.
Consider these creative ideas to showcase your Sangria:
- Pitcher Perfect: A classic Sangria presentation is in a large glass pitcher with a ladle for easy serving. For added flair, use a unique or decorative pitcher that complements the Sangria’s color.
- Drink Stirrers: Add some fun to your Sangria by serving it with drink stirrers. Use bamboo skewers or decorative straws and top with a colorful fruit slice or herb sprig.
- Fruit Skewers: If you’ve used whole fruit in your Sangria, consider serving it with fruit skewers on the side. This allows guests to add additional fruit to their glasses as desired.
- Stemless Wine Glasses: For a modern twist, serve Sangria in stemless wine glasses. This not only looks chic but also allows guests to easily carry their drinks around without fear of tipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Sangria ahead of time?
Yes, you can make sangria ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to let the sangria sit for a few hours (or even overnight) to let the flavors meld together. Just be sure to add any fresh fruit or sparkling ingredients right before serving.
Can I use any type of wine for Sangria?
While red wine is the traditional choice for sangria, you can use any type of wine that you prefer. White wine, rosé, and even sparkling wine can all be used as a base. Just make sure to choose a wine that complements the other ingredients in your sangria recipe.
What fruits should I use in my Sangria?
The options are endless when it comes to adding fruit to sangria. Some popular choices include citrus fruits like oranges and lemons, as well as berries like strawberries and raspberries. You can also add stone fruits like peaches or even tropical fruits like pineapple.
Can I make Sangria without alcohol?
Yes! You can make a delicious non-alcoholic sangria by simply omitting the wine and adding in sparkling water or juice. You can still add in plenty of fruit to give it that refreshing sangria flavor.
That’s a wrap! Next time you want to impress your guests or simply enjoy a refreshing beverage, grab some fresh fruit and a bottle of wine and start sipping on the seasons.
More Recipe Collections You May Enjoy
- The BEST Mixed Drink Recipes
- Easy Bourbon Cocktails
- Ultimate Margarita Recipes
- Festive Christmas Cocktail Recipes
- Favorite Fall Cocktail Recipes
- Must-Make Vodka Drinks
I hope you’ll cheers to one of these sangria recipes. If you do, please leave a comment below. I’d love to know which one you liked the best!