Raspberry MojitoThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Learn how to mix up a delicious raspberry mojito with fresh raspberries, rum, lime, and mint. This fruity, bright, and refreshing cocktail is easy to make and perfect for warm weather sipping.
As much as I love a classic mojito recipe, I also love trying out new flavor combinations. Today I’ve added raspberries to the mix to create these raspberry mojitos!
While the history of the mojito falls under some debate, it’s said that it was a medicinal drink to curb disease on the island of Cuba. The combination of alcohol, mint, lime, and sugar cane syrup was thought to ward off illness.
How I wish all illnesses could be cured with a cocktail! Ha.
Nowadays, mojitos are one of my favorite rum-based cocktails. I especially love this raspberry version. I think it would make a lovely libation to celebrate Easter, Mother’s Day, the 4th of July, or anything in between.
Why You’ll Enjoy This Recipe
- Light and refreshing. I love sipping on a mojito in warmer weather because it’s so fresh and bright in taste. The addition of raspberries makes this extra delicious!
- Loaded with flavor. With fresh lime juice, mint, and raspberries, the flavors are a treat for your palette.
- Quick to mix up. These are quick and easy to mix up. If you have all the ingredients prepared, you’ll be able to assemble them in minutes.
- raspberries – I prefer fresh, but frozen will work in a pinch.
- mint leaves – Fresh mint leaves add such a freshness to this drink.
- rum – A white or silver rum is typical for a mojito.
- simple syrup – You can make simple syrup at home. It’s easier than you think.
- lime juice – Always go with freshly squeezed. It makes all the difference, especially when it’s a star ingredient.
- club or lemon lime soda – You can use either here. If you want a bit more flavor and sweetness, opt for the lemon lime soda. (Diet soda can also be used.)
How To Make
These raspberry mojitos are simple to make. I’ll walk you through the steps here. I’ve also provided a full ingredient list and detailed instructions in the printable recipe card below.
- In the bottom of a glass, muddle together raspberries, mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Top with rum.
- Add ice, pour in club soda, and stir.
- Garnish with a few raspberries, a wedge of lime, and a sprig of mint. Adding a colorful paper straw is optional.
How to Prepare for a Crowd
Having a party and want to make four mojitos at once? We can do that. Let me explain how.
Use these ingredient amounts and make it in a large pitcher or jar: about ½ cup raspberries, ½ cup fresh lime juice, ½ cup simple syrup, 35 mint leaves, 1 cup white rum, and ¾ cup soda. You’ll also need some ice as well as raspberries, lime, and mint to garnish.
It’s that easy!
What I love about mojitos is you can start with the base ingredients and add in any fruit you’d like. You can even get crazy and mix in multiple fruits for a very unique cocktail. Here are a few variations I recommend trying:
Make it a Mocktail
This recipe perfectly adapts itself to a mocktail. (I feel like most mojitos do.) To make this an alcohol-free drink, just leave out the rum. It’s that simple. Thanks to the muddled raspberries, lime juice, and mint, this drink is still loaded with flavor even sans the rum!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use frozen raspberries?
I prefer fresh since they are readily available. However, if frozen works best for you, they’ll be just fine.
How do you muddle raspberries for a cocktail?
With a muddler! These tools are designed just for this purpose. Don’t have one? Don’t worry. You can use the back of a wooden spoon.
What rum is best for mojitos?
The traditional rum for mojitos is white rum (sometimes referred to as “silver rum” or “light rum”).
More Refreshing Cocktails You May Enjoy
I hope you’ll try this unique and refreshing raspberry mojito recipe. If you do, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Join the IBC Mailing List for inspiration in your inbox! Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 4-5 raspberries plus a few to garnish
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1.5 ounces club soda or lemon lime soda
- In the bottom of your glass, muddle/crush together raspberries, mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Pour in the rum.
- Add ice, pour in club soda, and stir.
- Garnish with additional raspberries, a wedge of lime, and a sprig of mint. The cute paper straw is optional but recommended.