This Peppermint White Russian is a delicious, seasonal take on the classic cocktail recipe. Garnished with a candy cane, it’s likely to become a holiday party staple.
Since it’s the weekend before Christmas, I thought I’d celebrate with another seasonal cocktail recipe. Today we’re making a Peppermint White Russian.
A couple of years ago, I created a Salted Caramel White Russian in the fall. It has been a popular recipe here on Inspired by Charm so I thought I’d experiment with another flavor variation.
You can grab all of my favorite Christmas Cocktail recipes HERE.
I must admit that up until recently I wasn’t a big fan of peppermint. As a kid, I didn’t care for it at all. Over the past couple of years, however, I’ve come to love the cool, minty, sweet flavor. It’s been fun adding it to things like cocktails, desserts, and even hot cocoa.
The recipe for a White Russian is straightforward. The classic version is made with 2 parts vodka, 1 part Kaluha (coffee liqueur), and 1 part half and half.
How to make a Peppermint White Russian:
To make my Peppermint White Russian, all I did was substitute Peppermint Twist Vodka for the vodka and Peppermint Kaluha for the regular Kaluha. Simple.
This was the perfect amount of peppermint, but you could use a vanilla vodka if you just wanted a hint of peppermint flavor from the Kaluha.
I also dressed up the glass with a crushed peppermint rim. Dip the rim in white chocolate syrup (This is the syrup I like.) and then into crushed peppermints. (You can use peppermint candies, peppermint sticks, or candy canes.)
For a holiday touch, I mixed a little white chocolate syrup with red food coloring and drizzled that into the glass before pouring in the cocktail. Although the red fades fairly quickly, I thought it looked festive and fun when the drink was served.
Once the glass is prepared, simply add ice and your cocktail. Finish it off with a candy cane.
Now it’s time to serve and sip this pretty and pepperminty cocktail. Cheers!!
Like this recipe? More Holiday Cocktail Recipes:
- Jingle Juice Holiday Punch
- Salted Caramel White Russians
- The BEST Mulled Wine
- Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- White Chocolate Peppermint Martini
Peppermint White Russian Recipe:
Peppermint White Russian
- 3 ounces Peppermint Vodka
- 1.5 ounces Peppermint Kaluha
- 1.5 ounces half and half
- Crushed peppermints
- White chocolate syrup
- Red food dye
- Candy cane
- Begin by preparing your glass. Dip the rim into the white chocolate syrup and then into the crushed peppermints.
- Optional: Mix a little red food dye with the white chocolate syrup. With a spoon, drizzle the mixture on the interior of the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Peppermint Vodka, Peppermint Kaluha, and half and half. Stir to combine.
- Add ice to the glass; then pour in your cocktail.
- Garnish with a candy cane.