Celebrate the holiday season with my recipe for a white Christmas martini! Garnished with a sparkly sugared rim, this cocktail is like an adults-only white chocolate milkshake in a martini glass. You’re going to love it.
White Christmas martini
Whenever I’m celebrating a special holiday or occasion, I think it’s fun to concoct a signature holiday cocktail. And, given that the holiday season is so long, having several seasonal recipes is a smart move.
In addition to its creamy, chocolaty flavor, I love this martini because it’s not Christmas-specific. It’s enjoyable with an adorable mini candy cane garnish for the season, but this recipe will take you well into the winter months. It’s seasonal without being overly festive.
Speaking of peppermint, if you want a peppermint version of this recipe, check out my White Chocolate Peppermint Martini!
Want more cocktail recipes? Try these:
- Naughty But Nice Christmas Cocktail
- Holly Jolly Christmas Punch
- Maple Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Spiced Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- Poinsettia Pomegranate Martini
Frequently asked questions about Christmas martinis
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about Christmas martini cocktails. If you don’t see your question in this list, please leave it in the comments.
What is the official drink of Christmas?
This all depends on where you live and what you enjoy drinking. Some people might say that eggnog and wassail are Christmas drinks. Others like to say that hot cocoa is the official drink of the holiday.
I love chocolate, so I made a white chocolate martini that is really popular at holiday parties.
What is the best alcohol for a martini?
A martini should always be made with a vodka base. Beyond that, you mix the vodka with different types of liquor, depending on the recipe.
What is the best type of white chocolate liqueur?
I am partial to the Godiva white chocolate liqueur because I am a fan of just about anything Godiva makes. Borgata also makes a rich and creamy white chocolate liqueur that is really popular too.
Grab your cocktail shaker, and let’s mix one up.
I used the creamiest and richest ingredients in this holiday cocktail – and you can taste it! Here’s some more information about what I used in this easy Christmas martini.
- Vanilla Vodka: I am not partial to a specific brand, just make sure you get a vanilla-flavored vodka if you want to mask the strong liquor taste.
- White Chocolate Liqueur: This is what gives the martini the “hot cocoa” taste. I like Godiva’s White Chocolate Liqueur. If you can’t find that use Mozart White Chocolate Liqueur.
- White Creme de Cacao: Yes, I used two different white chocolate liquors, and it made all the difference in this martini. They complement each other perfectly.
- Half and Half: If you are dairy-free, you can use canned coconut milk instead.
- Honey and Course Sanding Sugar: This is for the rim of the glass.
How to make a white Christmas martini
You can find a full ingredient list and detailed instructions for this Christmas martini in a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- First, pour the honey into one shallow dish and the sanding sugar into another dish. Coat the rim of your martini glass with the honey and the sugar, and then set it aside.
- Next, fill a cocktail shaker with vodka, white chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and half-and-half.
- Shake vigorously and strain into the prepared martini glass.
That’s it! You are ready to sip your creamy, chocolatey martini.
Make it a Batch Cocktail
If you’re hosting a large party, you can mix up this cocktail in advance. Just increase the amounts of each ingredient and add everything to a pitcher. When guests are ready, they can simply shake up a serving with ice and add it to their martini glass.
It’s that easy!
That’s a wrap on my white Christmas martini!
As you will soon discover, this is a cocktail that most people will love. The ingredients are simple and approachable.
I hope you give this white Christmas martini recipe a taste test. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
Also, if martinis are too strong for you, then be sure to check out my recipe for this delicious cherry almond cocktail. It’s garnished with a chocolate-dipped cherry. What’s not to love?
Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Love this festive cocktail and want more?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my process. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
White Christmas Martini
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounce white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce white creme de cacao
- 1 ounce half-and-half
- Honey and coarse sanding sugar for rim garnish
- Pour the honey into a shallow dish and put the sanding sugar in another shallow dish. Coat the rim of the glass in the honey; then dip the rim in the sugar to coat evenly. Set the glass aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vodka, white chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and half-and-half. Shake vigorously and strain into the prepared martini glass.