Flavorful antipasto and classic pasta salad come together to create this bold and beautiful Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad. This unique and delectable pasta salad recipe will quickly become your new entertaining go-to!
Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad
Okay, I know what you’re thinking, “Another pasta salad recipe, Michael!?”
Friends, I just can’t help myself. You know I can’t pass up a great pasta salad. Plus, summertime and pasta salad go hand-in-hand. I couldn’t resist.
A while back I made a pasta salad recipe using tortellini. (You can find that recipe here.) I loved that idea and recipe so much that I wanted to try it again but in a different way. That’s what led me to make this Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad!
The idea behind this recipe is pretty simple. Essentially, it’s all the wonderful goodies you’d find in antipasto mixed together with tortellini and a simple dressing. What’s not to love, right?
This Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad includes some of my favorites:
- sun-dried tomatoes
- roasted red peppers
- salami and pepperoni
… and so much more!
As you can imagine, this makes a delicious side dish for summer entertaining, picnics, parties, and the list goes on! I took this to a recent party and afterward I left with an empty container and several requests for the recipe. Without a doubt, it’s a winner!
Before I walk you through the recipe, I wanted to mention that if you are as big of a pasta salad fan as I am, I have PLENTY of unique pasta salad recipes to share with you. You can find all of my best pasta salad recipes here.
And with that, let’s make some Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad!
How to Make Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad
Begin by preparing the tortellini according to the package directions. Cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add the cooked tortellini to a large bowl. Then add in the rest of the pasta salad ingredients. I’ve included a printable recipe card below for a full rundown of the recipe ingredients and instructions.
In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, basil, sugar, and dried oregano.
Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and mix gently to evenly coat. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
In regards to the ingredients that I used in this recipe, feel free to make it your own. If there is something you don’t like or something you feel is missing, switch things up to create a pasta salad you are excited to serve and eat.
Other additions could include:
- garbanzo beans
- marinated artichokes
- cannellini beans
- sweet drop peppers
There is so much to love in this Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad. I hope you’ll give it a try. Feel free to make it your own with all the yummy additions you love.
LOOKING FOR MORE Unique Pasta Salads? TRY THESE:
- Cucumber Pasta Salad
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- Southwest Pasta Salad Recipe
- Pine Nut and Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms
- California Cobb Pasta Salad
Love this Recipe and Want More?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also join me on social media for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my work and adventures.
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad Recipe
Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup mixed olives - pitted
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped salami - (I used soppressata)
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup cubed sharp provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup sliced pepperonicini
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil - (drained and chopped)
- Begin by preparing the tortellini according to the package directions. Cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the cooked tortellini to a large bowl. Then add in the rest of the pasta salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, basil, sugar, and dried oregano.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and mix gently to evenly coat. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
Thank you to Morgan of hostthetoast.com for inspiring this recipe. My recipe is adapted from hers.