This Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms is an easy and delicious recipe that makes the perfect side dish any time of year.
This Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms is an example of my experimentation with new flavors and ingredients!
Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms:
A couple weeks ago, I found some colorful pasta at HomeGoods. It reminded me of the Fall Harvest Pasta Salad I made a few years ago.
Inspired by the color, I thought another autumnal pasta salad was in order. However, after putting this salad together, I realized it could be served and enjoyed during any season.
How to Make Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms:
To prepare this recipe, first roast the mushrooms and tomatoes. You can use any mushrooms you’d like. I went with a mix of mini portobello, white, and crimini. Warning: Roasting the mushrooms and tomatoes will make your kitchen smell heavenly.
While everything is roasting, cook the pasta and prepare the rest of the ingredients. You can use whatever pasta you like best.
When your pasta and roast mushrooms are cool, everything gets quickly tossed together in a bowl with a simple dressing of olive oil, white wine vinegar, and sugar for a touch of sweetness.
The dressing may not sound like much, but with all the flavors happening here, it’s the perfect complement. Also add salt and pepper to taste.
If you liked this pasta salad, you’ll also love:
- Really Good Pasta Salad
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- The BEST Macaroni Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- BLT Macaroni Salad
Your Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms is now complete and ready to serve. I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it as much as I do.
Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms Recipe:
Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 10 ounces cherry or grapes tomatoes - halved
- 4 cloves garlic - sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces)cannellini beans - rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil - roughly chopped
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese - shaved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar - (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Begin by preheating an oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and oregano on the prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil and mix to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and cool.
- Add the pasta and roasted items to a large bowl. Top with cannellini beans, basil, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the pasta and toss to combine.