This Ramen Noodle Salad is so simple to make, full of flavor, and always a crowd pleaser. You’re certain to love this easy and delicious pasta salad recipe!
Ramen Noodle Salad:
I realize that based on the deliciousness of this salad recipe, it should have a better or more descriptive name. However, around here it’s referred to as Ramen Noodle Salad, so I decided to stick with that.
This is another one of those recipes I can’t believe I haven’t shared with you before now. It’s something my family has been eating for years. It usually pops up a half a dozen times in the summer months.
Not only is this Ramen Noodle Salad super simple to make, it’s really tasty. Plus, the ingredients are basic (in a good way) so it tends to please most people (with the exception of my brother who doesn’t like almonds.)
If you’re in a rut and tired of the same ol’ pasta or macaroni salad, you need to give this recipe a try. I’m confident you and you’re guests are going to like it. Also, it holds up well in the refrigerator, so it will last you a couple days, should there be any leftovers.
How to Make Ramen Noodle Salad:
The process to make this Ramen Noodle Salad is simple.
You start by cooking the noodles. However, instead of boiling them, you just pour hot water over them and allow them to soak while you prepare the other ingredients. This results in the perfect noodle.
Into the noodles go fresh broccoli, celery, and red onion. You can vary the amounts based on what you have, but I think these proportions work well.
The dressing is also easy to make.
You just whisk together vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and the flavor packets that come with the ramen noodles. It will seem like a lot of flavor packets, but there are a lot of noodles so the amounts balance out.
With the noodles ready, veggies cut, and the dressing whisked, throw in some sliced almonds and mix it all together.
Now, before you get frustrated trying to mix this, let me recommend that you use a chef’s best tool: your hands. Give them a good wash and get in there and mix it all up so the dressing coats everything.
I recommend popping the salad in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving just to let those noodles soak up some of that flavor. Before carrying it to the table, give the salad one final stir and you’re good to go.
Delicious! You can grab the full recipe for this Ramen Noodle Salad below.
Want more pasta salad recipes? Check out my favorites below:
- The BEST Pasta Salad
- BLT Macaroni Salad
- Really Good Macaroni Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Avocado Panzanella
- Fall Harvest Pasta Salad
I should also mention that this salad is fairly inexpensive. Did you know that those ramen noodle packs only cost 25 cents a piece? I hadn’t bought them in years (My mom is the one who usually make this recipe.), so I was shocked when I saw the price tag.
So, if you’re looking for a new and delicious summer pasta salad, this Ramen Noodle Salad just might be it. Enjoy!
Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe:
Ramen Noodle Salad
- 6 packages Chicken Ramen Noodles - noodles and flavor packs
- 3 cups fresh broccoli - cubed
- 1 cup celery - diced
- 1 small red onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, add the six packets of ramen noodles. Break each block of the noodles in half before adding it to the bowl. Set the flavor packets to the side so you can use them for the dressing.
- Top the noodles with 6-8 cups of boiling water. As the noodles soak, stir them every few minutes to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- While your noodles soak, chop up the broccoli into 1/- to 1-inch pieces. For this recipe, I recommend using mostly the leafy part with a shorter stem. Cut the celery and red onion as well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and all six of the chicken flavor packs from the noodles. Set aside.
- After 10-15 minutes your noodles should be ready. Strain off the water and rinse the noodles with cold water. Rinse them until they are cooled. Shake off the excess water.
- In a large bowl, add the noodles, broccoli, celery, red onion, and sliced almonds. Pour the dressing over the top. Mix together with your hands (recommended) or a large spoon until everything is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.