BLT Macaroni SaladThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Based on one of my favorite classic sandwich recipes, this BLT Macaroni Salad is loaded with flavor. It’s a tasty and unique twist on classic pasta salad with a traditional flavor combination everyone will love!
BLT Macaroni Salad:
A delicious pasta-based salad is one of my favorite things to enjoy during the summer. Yes, I know that pasta isn’t going to help my waistline, but it sure is yummy. Everything in moderation, right?
Here on IBC, we’ve delved into the essentials for a really good classic macaroni salad, mixed things up with a roasted vegetable pasta salad, and had some fun with a ramen noodle Salad.
Today, I’m adding another salad to the line-up: BLT Macaroni Salad.
Summer is officially here. With outdoor cookouts and parties a plenty this time of year, I’m always looking for delicious and easy dishes. I’m a big fan of classic macaroni and pasta salads, but sometimes I like to switch things up a bit. That’s why today, I’m sharing my simple recipe for BLT Macaroni Salad.
How to Make BLT Macaroni Salad:
Begin by preparing your pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water until cool. Drain well. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. For your convenience, there is a full ingredient list and detailed instructions in the printable recipe card below.
Top the pasta with the halved tomatoes, bacon, and arugula.In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, fresh basil, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, tomatoes, bacon, arugula. Stir gently using a large spoon until the pasta is completely coated. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
I’m sure you’ve seen recipes for BLT-inspired salads online. They look so delicious don’t they? Since I love me a good BLT sandwich, I was inspired to try my hand at this type of salad. (Any excuse to eat bacon!)
Once you’ve assembled all of your ingredients, this summer salad comes together in under 30 minutes. Plate it up on some outdoor serving dishes and you’ll have a beautiful and tasty side dish that will perfectly complement any summer cookout.
With Independence Day celebrations just a week away, this recipe couldn’t come at a better time. If you’re looking for a special side for your festivities, this just might be it.
For more Easy Pasta Salad Recipes, Check Out:
- California Cobb Pasta Salad
- Really Good Macaroni Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Fall Harvest Pasta Salad
BLT Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound pasta of your choice cooked al dente according the package directions
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula Spinach leaves or chopped romaine would work as well.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Begin by preparing your pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water until cool. Drain well. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Top the pasta with the halved tomatoes, bacon, and arugula.In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, fresh basil, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, tomatoes, bacon, arugula. Stir gently using a large spoon until the pasta is completely coated. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
This was such a hit at a recent picnic. It was gone and folks were asking for more! I’ll be making this again.
Do you have the nutritional information on this but salad?
Unfortunately I don’t.
This looks and sounds delish. I’m making it this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!
Have a happy Fourth!
Love your recipes & can’t wait to try this one. It’s so colorful & perfect for a summer party!
This looks absolutely fantastic! I’m going to make it for our party this weekend! Thanks!!
This looks yummy. Since I like avocado on my BLT I might add chunks of it to your salad recipe.
That’s a brilliant idea! I thought about the same thing as I was making this, but wanted to keep it BLT authentic. Haha. Plus, I had no avocados.