Fall Harvest Pasta Salad (Fall Pasta Salad)This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Fall Pasta Salad is a thing! And boy is it delicious. This Fall Harvest Pasta Salad combines all the flavors of fall for one epic and easy fall entertaining recipe.
This week IBC has been all about decorating, entertaining, and cooking for fall. We kicked off the week with my Fall Entertaining-Around-My-House Tour. Yesterday we baked pumpkin donuts, and today we’re mixing up a Fall Harvest Pasta Salad (Fall Pasta Salad).
Channeling my inner Elle Woods, I’d like to say that, “Whoever said pasta salad was just for summer was seriously disturbed.” With roasted sweet potatoes, pine nuts, dried cranberries, broccoli, and goat cheese, this salad has quickly become a new fall favorite at my house. After whipping it up last week, I found myself snacking on it for three days in a row. I was sad when it was gone.
How to Make
My inspiration for this Fall Harvest Pasta Salad was this bag of colorful pasta from HomeGoods. The variety of colors made me think of autumn. I also love this type of pasta, known as Cellentani (corkscrew), because the curls and hollow centers hold lots of yummy sauce.
If you can’t find this specific type of pasta, don’t worry. Any tricolored or multi-colored pasta will work just fine.
All of the other ingredients in this salad are fall-inspired ones that work well together. The dried cranberries are great for adding just a touch of tart sweetness. This balances perfectly with the creamy goat cheese. Even if you’re skeptical of goat cheese, give it a try in this recipe. I think you’ll quickly become a fan.
I also love any excuse to use toasted pine nuts. They add a nutty crunch which is so good in any pasta salad.
Speaking of goat cheese, since it’s a softer cheese, you’ll want to mix it in last to keep the crumbles intact.
For the dressing, I opted for a store-bought poppy seed. You can use your favorite brand or mix up a homemade poppy seed dressing. With its slightly creamy quality, this dressing worked extremely well and tasted delicious.
Let’s whip up a big bowl of this fall deliciousness.
This dish is pretty straightforward. It’s one of those simple and classic recipes we come to love and go back to time and again.
I hope you’ll give this salad a try this fall. And when you do, be sure to swing back and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Fall Harvest Pasta Salad
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound multi-colored pasta
- 3 cups broccoli chopped (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup poppy seed dressing
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato pieces on a large baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and then toss. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. You’ll want the pasta to be al dente. Drain the pasta, allow it to cool, and place it in a large bowl.
- To the bowl of pasta, add the roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, dried cranberries, pine nuts, and red onions. Toss with the poppy seed dressing until evenly coated. Crumble in the goat cheese and gently stir again until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Stir before serving, adding more dressing if needed.
I just made this recipe. It is absolutely DELICIOUS!
I substituted the pine nuts with candied pecan peices and added real bacon bits.
I’m taking it to a Halloween party. I can’t wait for everyone to try it.
Could I make this the day before serving it?
I’d suggest prepping everything a day before and then mix it all together the day you’re serving. Enjoy!
Your recipes look so appetizing. Can’t wait to try them!
This is a new favorite! I made it this past weekend and it was a big hit! Very delicious!!