Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta SaladThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
This Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad is a flavorful twist on a classic recipe. It’s simple to put together, making it the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Your family and guests will be raving about it.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
Does anyone else love a good pasta salad recipe as much as I do? I could eat a variant of pasta every day and be a happy man. Now, if only someone would invent a calorie-free version that tastes as delicious as the real thing.
Even though I’m a major fan of a classic pasta salad recipe (You can find my go-to recipe here.), I also enjoy developing creative flavor twists. This Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad is my latest.
What’s in Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad?
Of course, one of the yummy things in this pasta salad recipe is sun-dried tomatoes. It’s likely that l would love any recipe that contains sun-dried tomatoes. They are bite-size bundles of rich flavor that explode in your mouth.
This Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad also contains:
- artichoke hearts
- feta cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- fresh basil
Although this combination makes an incredibly tasty pasta salad, you don’t need to follow this recipe ingredient by ingredient. Feel free to mix things up and include what you love. Don’t like feta? Try goat cheese. Not a fan of garbanzo beans? Use diced chicken instead.
Because this Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad is loaded with so much flavor, the dressing is super simple. Just mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a touch of sugar. (The sugar is optional. However, I think that bit of sweetness nicely counters the tartness of the lemon juice.)
Once you have all of your ingredients selected and chopped, toss them with the dressing, and your salad is good to go.
While it will still be delicious and fresh the next day, I recommend making this recipe a couple hours before serving. This will ensure that the arugula remains crisp.
And that, my friends, is my take on a Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad. Again, if you’re looking for more out-of-this-world-delicious pasta salads, you can find all of my recipes here.
If you like this pasta salad recipe, you’ll also love these:
- Macaroni Salad (Miracle Whip Based)
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- BLT Macaroni Salad
- Pasta Salad with Roasted Mushrooms
- Ramen Noodle Salad
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe:
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 lb farfalle pasta cooked al dente
- 1 jar (8.5 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and roughly chopped
- 2 jars (7 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped drained and roughly chopped
- 1 container 8 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from one large lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, arugula, and fresh basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Gently toss all of the ingredients together to combine. Add more oil, salt, or pepper, if desired.
Great twist on a pasta salad! I’ve made this twice already – it’s flavorful and filling. I made it the night before then added the arugula and feta before serving.
Such a delicious and healthy meal option! Love it! Gorgeous photos too!