Peanut Butter Cookies might be one of my favorite classic cookie recipes. These Soft Peanut Butter Cookies with M&Ms are a delicious cookie recipe that’s perfect for spring!
I realize that mid-February is a bit early to be talking about Spring, but right now I’m thinking “The sooner it comes, the better!” This weekend I plan to start working on a few projects to help you decorate for and celebrate Easter and springtime.
Naturally, there will be food (specifically, dessert) involved, so I’m kicking things off today with these Soft Peanut Butter Cookies for Spring.
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies:
As you know from past recipes, the pairing of peanut butter and chocolate is a favorite of mine. The flavor combination instantly reminds me of Easter. (I think it’s those ubiquitous chocolate peanut butter eggs.)
Today, I’m putting the two together in a classic peanut butter cookie recipe which features candy coated chocolate and is sure to please. (The resulting cookies also look adorable for dressing up any spring celebration.)
And speaking of peanut butter. If you love peanut butter desserts as much as I do, you definitely want to check out this post. I share all of my favorite in one location!
Let’s bake some cookies!
How to Make Soft Peanut Butter Cookies:
Begin by creaming together your butter and sugars. Then, add the peanut butter and eggs, one at a time. You can bring out your stand mixer for this, but I find that a hand mixer works nicely.
Now mix in your dry ingredients. I do this with a spatula so that I don’t overmix the dough. Just before the dough is mixed, toss in the candy coated chocolates. I think the pastel colors of the candy are so lovely with the creamy dough color.
You’ll want to save about 1/2 cup of your candy. I like to add a few pieces to the top of each of the cookies right after they come out of the oven. This is a great little cheat / tip to ensure that your cookies look picture-perfect when it’s time to celebrate!
And that’s it! Your cookies are ready, and that peanut butter chocolatey goodness has a one-way ticket to your tummy. Yum!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and are looking forward to Spring as much as I am.
If you like peanut butter desserts, you’ll love these too:
- Peanut Butter Brownie Pillow Cookies
- Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
More springtime treats are on the horizon here on IBC. Stay tuned!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe:
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter. Once well combined, add one egg at a time, mixing well. Then, mix in the vanilla.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture with a spatula. When almost combined, mix in the candy coated chocolates, reserving 1/2 cup to garnish.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place each ball on an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten the balls with your fingers. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies just start to brown. (The longer you bake them, the less soft they will be.)
- Remove from the oven and top each cookie with a few pieces of the extra chocolate candy. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Once cool, pack and store them in an airtight container.