A brownie baked inside a peanut butter cookie makes these cookies extra special and extra delicious. This flavor-packed fall cookie recipe is definitely a winner!
Welcome to Day Two of Fall Cookie Week 2018 (FCW)! Today we are making these crazy good Peanut Butter Brownie Pillow Cookies!
I’m so excited you’re here for FCW 2018! My blogger buddy Julie Blanner and I will be sharing a new cookie recipe every day this week. You can follow along here in case you missed anything. I’ll be linking Julie’s cookie recipe at the end of each post, so you can also easily check out what she’s baking!
Peanut Butter Browne Pillow Cookies:
My friend Mike gave me today’s recipe idea. In his version, a chocolate chip cookie is wrapped around a brownie. However, because of my deep love for anything peanut butter and chocolate, I couldn’t resist making my own flavorful adaptation.
While I carefully select/create all the FCW recipes I share, there’s usually one that stands above the rest each year. Despite the unassuming appearance of these cookies, they just might be “the one” for 2018. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is hard to beat!
How Do You Make Peanut Butter Brownie Pillow Cookies:
The recipe might seem complicated, but it’s actually pretty easy. You start by making a brownie batter and a peanut butter dough.
After time in the refrigerator, the brownie batter is rolled into balls which are then covered with peanut butter cookie dough.
Next, the cookies are baked. And, if the dough coverage is good, no one will ever suspect there’s a brownie hiding inside. What a delightful surprise it will be when someone bites into the cookie or breaks one open!
The end result is a peanut butter cookie with a chewy brownie center. Oooh!! It’s love in every bite!
Like this peanut butter-inspired recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
You can grab the complete recipe for these Peanut Butter Brownie Pillow Cookies below.
Before you go about your day, click on over to Julie Blanner!
Today for FCW, she’s also baked up something with peanut butter. These No-Bake Stuffed Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Don’t they sound dreamily delicious!? I’ll take a dozen, Julie!
Hope you’re enjoying FCW. Julie and I will back tomorrow with two more tasty recipes!
Peanut Butter Brownie Pillow Cookies
- Begin preparing the brownie batter by adding the chocolate and butter to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Stir in the sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Then add the flour and stir to combine. Refrigerate the brownie batter until it becomes firm - 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Now prepare the peanut butter cookie dough with an electric mixer by creaming together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Then, beat in the peanut butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time; then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water. Add that to the batter, along with the salt. Finally, mix in the flour. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Form the brownie batter into 3/4-inch balls. Then cover the brownie balls with the peanut butter dough. (I found it easiest to first roll the peanut butter dough into a 1 1/2-inch ball and then flatten it and wrap it around a brownie batter ball.) Cover the brownie ball completely.
- Place the balls of dough to an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookie begin to brown. Cool on a baking rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.