This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake combines two of my favorite flavors into one epic dessert recipe! You’re going to love it too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake:
After spending much of this week working on my basement stairwell, I needed a break from painting. I had the overwhelming urge to bake this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake even though I’m doing everything in my power not to go into full-on “fall baking mode.” It’s tough, but I’m trying to wait until September. (Yes, IBC’s Third Annual Fall Cookie Week will be happening in September.)
As you may know, I’m rather fanatic about the flavor combination of chocolate and peanut. (I know some of you share that love, too.) This cake is the perfect late-summer / early-fall dessert. Right? Eh, who am I kidding, I could eat this anytime of the year.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake:
One thing I love about this cake is that it’s incredibly simple. It’s made in a fluted tube pan, and it’s drizzled with a peanut butter glaze. Seriously, there’s nothing fancy here, but the final result is stunning. I love when rustic and homemade can still look like a million bucks! That’s my kind of baking.
I’d also like to point out, that when you make this, only fill your pan 3/4 of the way full. Depending on the size of your pan, you may have some extra batter. I made the mistake of filling mine almost to the top. Bad idea, Michael. Bad idea. Major spillage, smoke, and an oven to clean. So, do as I say, not as I did.
Don’t throw that extra batter away, however. Make some cupcakes, peanut butter cake, or a mini loaf. Use it all; just don’t try to squeeze it into your fluted pan. Okay?
Well, that’s it. I’m off to deliver this cake to friends and family. The temptation to eat the whole thing with a ginormous glass of milk is way too tempting.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Like this chocolate peanut butter cake recipe? You’ll love these too!
- Funfetti Coffe Cake
- Cinnamon & Sugar Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake
- Cookies and Cream Cake
- Cream Puff Cake
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
What do you think? Do you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do? Will you give this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake a try?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then, in a stand mixer (or large bowl and hand mixer) beat butter on a medium speed for one minute. Slowly add the sugar and beat until combined. (About four minutes.) Next, slowly add the eggs, one at a time. Scrape the bowl as necessary. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- Once incorporated, add the flour mixture and milk alternatively until just combined.
- Transfer half of the batter (3 1/2 cups) to a medium bowl. Then, stir in the melted chocolate. Stir the peanut butter into the other half of the batter.
- Using a separate spoon for each batter, alternatively drop spoonfuls of the chocolate and peanut butter into your pan. Use a knife or spatula to swirl the batter together. Do not over mix. (Fill your pan 3/4 of the way full. If batter remains, use it in another smaller pan or for cupcakes.)
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Then, remove from the pan to continue cooling.
- In the meantime, make your peanut butter glaze. In a bowl with an electric mixer, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and enough half & half to create a thick drizzle.
- When your cake is cooled, drizzle with peanut butter glaze.