The fun of Fall Cookie Week continues here on Inspired by Charm. Today’s cookie is dedicated to peanut butter fans everywhere. These Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookies are loaded with more than three cups of the creamy stuff, making them the perfect way to indulge yourself this autumn.
Of all the classic cookies out there, peanut butter cookies will always be one of my faves. In fact, I prefer them to chocolate chip. So today I thought I’d give pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and apple cider a little break and send all my love to peanut butter. Of course, in true IBC style, I wanted to do it bigger and better!
How to Make
To create the ultimate Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookies (say that three times fast), I decided to stuff an already delicious peanut cookie with more peanut butter.
The “stuffing” is so simple to make. It’s just peanut butter and powdered sugar mixed together until smooth. The mixture is then rolled into balls and chilled in the freezer while you make the dough.
Once the dough is ready, that ball o’ peanut butter goodness is rolled up inside it and baked in the oven.
Served warm, the filling is gooey and drippy in the best possible way. Once cooled, they are just as delicious and peanut buttery. You’ll love them either way.
These cookies are incredibly good, my friends. If you ever find yourself making peanut butter cookies, taking this extra step will put them over the top. It’s a fun and decadent surprise for anyone who doesn’t know what’s inside.
You’ll be glad you did.
Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a medium bowl, prepare the filling by combining the peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Scoop into small balls about 1-inch in diameter. Put in the freezer until ready to use. (The balls do not need to be frozen, just cold and firm.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and sugar for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and the vanilla extract, and mix until thoroughly combined. Next add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- To prepare the cookies, roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball, then flatten into a circle. Wrap the dough around one of the chilled peanut butter balls. Pinch the edges together to seal, then roll in the palms of your hands to form a ball.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in sugar and place them on a baking sheet (about 1-2-inches apart), flattening each ball slightly with your fingers. Repeat until all of the dough and peanut butter balls are used.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom, about 13-15 minutes. Serve warm for a gooey inside. (But they are just as good at room temperature.) Pack and store in an airtight container.