This Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp makes the perfect appetizer for any occasion or celebration. It is so simple to make and the flavor combination is fabulous!
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp
I was so happy that the menu for my mom’s 60th birthday bash turned out just as I’d planned. Other than buying way too much food (a bad habit of mine), everything was delicious and went off without a hitch.
I wanted to serve a classy appetizer that would be quick to make, yet very flavorful. I also wanted it be a food that people were comfortable with. Living in a small town, not everyone’s palette or knowledge of “new” foods is expansive. I think it’s important to know your audience and serve foods they are likely to love.
With all of those criteria in mind, I decided that shrimp was the answer. Not just any shrimp though – Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp.
I figured I could prep the shrimp in the morning and have them on a sheet pan in the fridge, ready to pop in the oven when all the guests arrived. This way the appetizer could be served hot, plus the smell of roasting garlic and Parmesan would get tummies excited for what was about to come.
This recipe is so simple to make and exceptionally delicious. Medium-sized shrimp get tossed in olive oil, spices, Parmesan, and fresh garlic. After a quick visit to the oven, they get splashed with a bit of fresh lemon juice, garnished with parsley, and served with cocktail sauce.
This roasted shrimp is definitely one of those easy snacks that you can serve at almost any gathering. I even like the shrimp on a salad for lunch or dinner. Oh the possibilities!
Let me show you how to make them.
How to Make Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp:
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with oil or nonstick spray.
Place the shrimp in a single layer on the baking. Evenly distribute the olive oil, parmesan, garlic, oregano, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss together with a spoon or your hands.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with cocktail sauce, if desired.
Yep, that’s it! If you’re a fan of shrimp and garlic, I promise you will love this Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp.
Looking for more tasty appetizer recipes? Try these:
- Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Italian Hoagie Dip
- Broccoli Casserole Cheese Dip
- Goat Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Veggie Pizza Roll-Ups
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Peppadew Peppers
I sure home you give this roasted shrimp recipe a try. When you do, circle back to this post and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Shrimp Recipe:
Roasted Parmesan Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt - or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - or to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Parsley leaves - chopped for garnish
- Cocktail sauce - optional
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with oil or nonstick spray.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer on the baking. Evenly distribute the olive oil, parmesan, garlic, oregano, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss together with a spoon or your hands.
- Place the pan of shrimp in the oven and roast the shrimp until just pink, firm, and cooked through. This should take 7-9 minutes. When done, sprinkle with lemon juice.