This layered BLT Dip is sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Layered with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheese, this appetizer recipe brings together the classic flavors everyone loves.
I know it’s still early May, but these warm, sunny days have me dreaming about all-things-summer. Although it’s not official yet, I am hoping to be in my new home (though probably not settled) by the time summer rolls around. (In case you missed it, I spilled the beans about my new home here.)
My first priority is getting a couple of the outdoor spaces functional so I can embrace the glorious summer weather as much as possible. That means plenty of weekend cook-outs, evenings around the firepit, and afternoon snacks on the porch. Sounds fabulous, right?
If you’re anything like me, then you’re going to want a few quick snack ideas, including this layered BLT Dip.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This dip is not your average appetizer. It’s the perfect combination of creamy, savory, and fresh, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
- It’s really easy to make. You can whip this up in no time no matter what the occasion.
- I don’t know about you, but I love the classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. Recreate that in a dip form, and I’m ready to dive in with chips or toasted bread!
This recipe is all about the ingredients. Each one plays a unique role in creating the ultimate BLT dip that will have your guests begging for more. Let’s take a closer look at what you’ll need.
- cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- romaine lettuce
- plum tomatoes
- green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla scoops
Now that we’ve covered the ingredients, get ready to dive into the instructions and learn how to make this amazing BLT dip!
How to Make
As you’ve probably guessed, this dip comes together quickly and easily. For additional details, there is a printable recipe card below for a full rundown of the recipe ingredients and instructions.
- Beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan until smooth.
- Spread into a shallow dish.
- Layer with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla scoops or toasted baguette slices.
Tips for Serving
It’s that simple! And if you use my easy-clean-up bacon recipe, you don’t even have to worry about messing up your cook-top. Winning! The flavor combination is so good, I’m sure everyone is going to rave about this BLT dip!
Oh and yes, I love this pie plate I used it for everything from dips to pie to casseroles!
To ensure that your BLT dip is served at the perfect temperature, I recommend chilling it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. If you’re short on time, you can also place the dip in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool it down quickly.
When it comes to serving, consider offering a variety of dippers to accompany the dip. Classic options like crackers and chips are always a hit, but don’t forget about sliced bread and even veggies like carrot sticks and cucumber slices for a healthier alternative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know how to serve and store the ultimate BLT dip, let’s answer some frequently asked questions to make sure you have all the information you need to perfect this crowd-pleasing favorite.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this dip up to 24 hours in advance. Simply cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Can I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon?
Of course! Turkey bacon is a great alternative for those who don’t eat pork. Just make sure to cook it until it’s crispy before adding it to the dip.
Can I add other ingredients to the dip?
Absolutely! This dip is very versatile, so feel free to experiment with different additions such as diced avocado or jalapenos for an extra kick.
Can I use low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise and sour cream?
A: Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that using low-fat or fat-free versions may affect the overall taste and texture of the dip. It’s recommended to use regular mayonnaise and sour cream for the best results.
More Dip Recipes You May Enjoy
- The BEST Vegetable Dip
- Out-of-this-Wold Corn Dip – most popular
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Really Good Jalapeño Dip
- Easy Fruit Dip – Dessert!
I hope you’ll try this delicious BLT dip. I know you’re going to love! If you do, please stop back and leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan until smooth.
- Spread in the bottom of a shallow dish (large pie plate or 8×11-inch baking pan); then layer with the lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla scoops or toasted baguette slices.