Combine the flavors of summertime to make Homemade Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka. It’s a delicious addition to your spring and summer cocktail recipes.
I love using flavored liquor to make special cocktails, and I especially enjoy creating my own fruit-infused liquor, such as this Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka.
Strawberries are plentiful right now, so it’s the perfect time to whip up this Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka. In case you haven’t tried your hand at making fruit-infused liquor, I recommend doing so for several reasons.
First, you can use fresh, delicious, and natural ingredients, such as strawberries. My guess is that most of the manufacturers’ flavored liquors aren’t infused with fresh fruit.
Secondly, you can go crazy with flavor combinations that you aren’t likely to find in any store. This strawberry infused vodka is just the start of a lot of infusion fun.
And finally, as you’ll soon discover, the process is simple. Put the strawberries in the vodka, wait a week or two, and you’re in business.
Besides a little patience, the most important things you’ll need are quality ingredients. Choose fresh strawberries that are ripe but not overripe. And although you don’t need top-shelf vodka, buy a brand that you would actually drink.
Now it’s time to infuse! Let me walk you through the recipe.
Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka
- 2 cups hulled and quartered strawberries
- 10 large basil leaves
- 2 cups vodka
- Place the quartered strawberries and basil leaves in a large, air-tight container. Pour the vodka over the strawberries and basil, covering them completely. Seal the container.
- Allow the berries and basil to soak in the vodka for one week. Lightly shake the container and turn it over every day or two.
- After the infusion is complete, drain the vodka from the strawberries and basil and store the infused vodka in an air-tight jar in your refrigerator for up to three months.
Looking for more summer cocktail recipes? Try these:
- Berry Watermelon Limeade Martini
- Homemade Margarita Mix
- Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas
- Blackberry Basil Sangria
Strawberry and basil go together like peanut butter and jelly, so this combination is delicious. If you like making your own flavored liquors. You should try this recipe for Homemade Pineapple Rum!
Now that your Strawberry Infused Vodka is ready, it’s time to add some of it to your favorite summer libations.