These Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas are a scrumptiously fruity summer cocktail recipe. Strawberries and raspberries get blended together to add a sweet flavor to the classic margarita!
Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas:
If you’ve looked at the calendar, you probably know that this weekend is Cinco de Mayo. It’s actually quite rare for the holiday to fall on a Saturday.
In fact, we’ll have to wait until 2029 for next the Saturday Cinco de Mayo! (Now you have one more reason to celebrate with these Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas.)
Lately, I’ve been digging the classic margarita. Not that I’ve been drinking it a lot, but there’s a wonderful Mexican restaurant within walking distance of my apartment.
They make a great margarita and have delicious tacos, too. I’ve found that a margarita and a couple tacos can turn any crummy day right side up.
With summer on the horizon, I thought I could take that classic margarita recipe and jazz it up with a blend of raspberries and strawberries. It’s almost berry season, so I’m always excited to use the fresh fruit any way I can.
Besides the taste, what I love about this recipe is that it’s ideal for entertaining. You can mix up a big pitcher in advance and then just pour the margarita mixture over ice when you’re ready to serve it.
It’s so easy, and your guests can help themselves. This means more celebrating for everyone, including you!
What do you need to make these Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas?:
- Lime juice (freshly squeezed!)
- Tequila (Sauza is my favorite.)
- Orange liqueur (I prefer Cointreau.)
To garnish these, you’ll also need ice, assorted berries, mint, lime wedges, and kosher salt.
You can get as fancy as you’d like with the garnish. I prefer to go a bit over the top. That’s why I’m using a variety of fresh berries skewered on a stick with a piece of mint for color. Oh, and you can get the margarita glasses I used here. (affiliate link)
Who could say no to one of these margaritas? Not me or any of my friends.
Still Thirsty? Check out these margarita recipes:
- Vanilla Pineapple Margarita
- Prickly Pear Margarita
- Strawberry Coconut Margarita
- Classic Margarita
- Strawberry Rhubarb Margarita
Even if you don’t celebrate this weekend, I hope you’ll pour yourself one of these.
If you are looking for more creative and delicious ideas for Cinco de Mayo, take a peek at some of my favorites by clicking here. (I highly recommend the Mini Margarita Cheesecakes. The garnish is just too cute.)
The Best Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas:
Raspberry Strawberry Margaritas
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries - hulled
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups Tequila silver
- 2/3 cup orange liqueur
- Assorted berries
- Lime wedge
- Kosher salt
- In a blender, puree the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, and lime juice. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Add the tequila and orange liqueur to the berry puree. Stir well and transfer to a pitcher.
- To serve, run a lime wedge around the rims of six glasses; then roll the rims in kosher salt. Fill each glass with ice and pour the margarita mix into each glass. Garnish with fresh berries and a sprig of mint.