If you’re looking for a classic margarita recipe, this is it! A simple recipe with really good ingredients creates a delicious margarita every time. Cheers!
Cinco de Mayo is next week so I thought a little celebration was in order. With a celebration we need a cocktail. Today it’s a classic margarita recipe!
A long time ago I shared my recipe for a classic cosmopolitan. As much as I enjoy trying new things with unique ingredients, sometimes the classics are just as good, if not better.
When you combine quality, simple ingredients, magic happens. In fact, that’s probably why some cocktails have become classics. So, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo and all delicious things, let’s make some Classic Margaritas.
The BEST Classic Margarita Recipe:
Like I mentioned above, when you’re gathering your ingredients to create this recipe, make sure they are the best you can afford. Freshly squeezed lime juice and lemon juice are musts.
Also, stick to reasonably good booze. You don’t need top shelf; somewhere right in the middle will do. I like a clear tequila for margaritas, but that’s up to you.
You’ll notice that this recipe doesn’t include any added sweetness. I’m not into overly sweet drinks, so this is fine with me. However, if you like things on the sweeter side, a splash of simple syrup would work well in this recipe.
As you can see, I’m serving these margaritas on the rocks. If you prefer them blended, this recipe will work for that, too. Instead of shaking things up in a cocktail shaker, toss everything in a blender, add ice, and puree.
Okay, enough chatter. Let’s get this fiesta started!
Classic Margarita Recipe
- 1/2 cup lime juice - freshly squeezed (5 - 6 limes)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice - freshly squeezed (about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup white tequila
- 2 cups ice
- Lime wedges and kosher salt for garnish
- To begin, rub the outside rim of your glasses with a lime wedge. Dip each glass into a plate of kosher salt.
- In a bowl with a spout, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, Triple Sec, and tequila. Pour this margarita mix into a cocktail shaker filled with ice*, shake well, and strain into prepared margarita glasses with ice.
Like a little flavor to your margaritas? You love these recipes:
- Raspberry Strawberry Margarita
- Vanilla Pineapple Margarita
- Watermelon Margarita
- Prickly Pear Margarita
- Strawberry Coconut Margarita
Classic, simple, and delicious. It’s that easy! Have a happy weekend and a festive Cinco de Mayo!