Creamy and packed with flavor, this Really Good Pimento Cheese makes a delicious party dip, topping for crackers, filling for a sandwich, and so much more!
This past weekend my mom and her husband visited me in Pittsburgh. Anytime my mom visits my home I like to welcome her with a snack and wine. This time I decided to whip up this Really Good Pimento Cheese to serve with crackers and vegetables.
Really Good Pimento Cheese:
I’ve made a lot of tempting appetizers here on Inspired by Charm, but sometimes I like to keep things simple. What’s not to love with the classic veggies and dip?
Usually, when I serve vegetables, I make a batch of my Really Good Veggie Dip, It’s hands down my favorite veggie dip. And while it would have certainly been enough on its own, this weekend I wanted to add in a little something else. Hence, this Really Good Pimento Cheese!
This is your basic pimento cheese recipe, but it includes a few extras to make it … well … really good!
How to Make Pimento Cheese:
In case you didn’t know, pimento cheese is easy to make. Just toss all of the ingredients into a bowl, mix, and serve!
To make my pimento cheese special, I do a couple of things. First, I freshly shred the cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has a powdered coating on it to keep it separated. Freshly shredded is always better.
I also add jalapeños. If you remove the seeds and white inner pulp, there isn’t too much heat – just a nice, fresh crunch. However, if you prefer more heat, leave in the seeds.
Dried onion flakes, garlic powder, and a dash of hot sauce complete the recipe.
How to Serve Pimento Cheese:
My favorite way to eat pimento cheese. as shown here, is on Ritz crackers. Fresh veggies also pair well with it.
Other ways to serve pimento cheese include:
- between two slices of bread (Some people like to cut off the crusts.)
- grilled pimento cheese sandwiches
- on top of a hamburger
- stuffed inside small hollowed-out peppers
- stirred in macaroni and cheese
And the list goes on!
No matter how you decide to serve this Really Good Pimento Cheese, I think you’re really going to love this recipe!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
- My Favorite Cheese Ball Recipes
- Really Good Chip Dip
- Loaded Veggie Ranch Dip
- Really Good Stuffed Mushrooms
- Beer Cheese Dip with Bacon
You can find and print the full recipe below. Enjoy!
Pimento Cheese Recipe:
Really Good Pimento Cheese
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- With crackers and veggies
- As a sandwich between two pieces of bread (served cold or grilled)
- On top of a hamburger *Add the seeds to the mixture for more heat