This recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls is one of my favorites. It’s the perfect sweet to enjoy on a crisp fall morning. Everyone will love the rich pumpkin flavor of these cinnamon rolls.
Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I especially love being in the kitchen, exploring every conceivable way to incorporate pumpkin into my creations.
Last week I made a batch of cinnamon rolls. So this week I decided to give them a fall-inspired twist and sneak some pumpkin and spices into the dough.
Let’s make some Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
How to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:
If you’ve ever made cinnamon rolls before, the process is pretty similar. The only big change is adding pumpkin puree and including lots of fall spices.
Let me tell you – they are pretty amazing! Just another reason to love pumpkin. I topped them off with a maple cream cheese icing that is the perfect complement!
That’s it! These just might be my new favorite pumpkin treat.
I know that making dough at home is slightly intimidating, but I promise you it’s a lot easier than it looks. Plus, once you taste these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, you realize it was all worth it.
Yep, they are that amazing.
And the golden orange color of the baked dough is quite beautiful.
If you like these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, try these recipes too:
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Dip
Let’s check out the recipe for these little rolls of pure joy! I hope you’ll give them a try!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ ounce package yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup scalded milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter - melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 egg
- 4 - 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup softened butter - (plus more for pan)
- 3/4 cup sugar - (plus more for pan)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Mapleine (maple extract)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine milk, sugar, melted butter, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, and egg with a spoon. Attach the bowl to the mixer with the dough hook attached. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead with dough hook for about 5 minutes. (If not using a stand mixer, knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.) Place in well-greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter all over dough. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Then sprinkle over buttered dough. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, butter, confectioner’s sugar, salt, Mapleine, and vanilla until smooth. For a thicker icing, add more powdered sugar. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.