For the ultimate fall dessert, try making this Pumpkin White Chocolate Bread Pudding. It’s a delicious dessert recipe loaded with fall flavor that everyone will love!
Say what you will, but I just can’t stop baking with pumpkin. Today I’m back with my recipe for Pumpkin White Chocolate Bread Pudding.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
A couple years ago I got this Staub White Pumpkin Cocotte with the intention of making a pumpkin bread pudding. It only took me two years, but it’s finally happened. And boy, am I happy it did. This stuff hits all of my must-haves in a dessert.
Let me explain.
How to make Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
I started with challah. This is an egg-based bread that’s a little sweeter and denser than most bread. This makes it perfect for breakfast-style dishes such as French toast or an egg bake since the bread works well to soak up things like custards.
Speaking of custard, that’s what I whipped up next. Naturally, I used real pumpkin and all the spices that bring out that pumpkin flavor we love so much. All those eggs and the half and half in the custard make this pudding rich and worthy of being called a dessert.
The cubed challah bread goes into the cocotte and is followed by the custard. All of that is left to soak for at least two hours, but preferably overnight.
The next day, you stir in white chocolate chunks or chips before baking and add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top for good measure.
In about an hour, you will have the perfect fall dessert. It’s rich with pumpkin flavor and seasonal spices, and the white chocolate gives an extra layer of decadence.
I recommend serving this bread pudding with a big dollop of homemade whipped cream. (You could do ice cream, but I think whipped cream is the way to go.)
Voila. Pumpkin White Chocolate Bread Pudding for the autumn win!
This is the perfect way to end any fall feast. Skip the pumpkin pie and instead whip up a big dish of this Pumpkin White Chocolate Bread Pudding.
If you liked this Pumpkin Bread Pudding, you’ll love these:
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
White Chocolate and Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
Pumpkin White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 6 large eggs
- 1 can (15-ounce) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups cubed challah - Cut the bread into 3/4" cubes.
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips - or chunks, divided
- Extra cinnamon and homemade whipped cream to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, half and half, milk, sugars, salt, spices, and vanilla.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish or 9 x 13-inch pan. Place the cubed bread into the dish and pour the pumpkin mixture over the top. Refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Before baking, add 1 cup of white chocolate to the bread and custard mixture; stir to combine. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips. Then dust with cinnamon.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until the pudding is set and begins to brown. If the top is browning too quickly, cover the baking dish/pan with aluminum foil.
- Serve warm with homemade whipped cream