This Donut Bread Pudding makes a decadent dessert for dinner or a delightful sweet dish for brunch. Made with two dozen glazed donuts and topped with espresso whipped cream, what’s not to love about it?
You are in for a real treat today. When I think of indulgent recipes, I think of this Donut Bread Pudding!
Donut Bread Pudding
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a brunch item here on Inspired by Charm. I thought this Donut Bread Pudding could perfectly fill that void. Of course, you don’t need to wait until your next brunch to search for this recipe. It would make a fabulous dessert recipe, too!
This Donut Bread Pudding is similar to classic bread pudding, but instead of bread, you use cut-up donuts. How yummy is that?
Sidenote: This kind of reminds me of that time I used leftover pancakes to make a delicious Blueberry Almond Pancake Pudding!
And because this a special treat, I just couldn’t top it with anything ordinary. That’s why I made espresso whipped cream for the top. A tasty complement to the donuts!
How Do you Make Donut Bread Pudding?
Start with two-dozen stale donuts.
I bought Krispy Kreme Original Glazed since they are my favorite. To make them “stale,” I cut them into bite-sized pieces; then I spread the pieces out on sheet trays and let them sit out overnight. By morning, the donuts were just the way I needed them.
Similar to classic bread pudding, the donut pieces soak in a custard made from eggs, milk, cream, and sugar. Next, all of that deliciousness gets baked for about an hour.
When the pan comes out of the oven, you have an incredible Donut Bread Pudding. To complete the dessert, I topped it with espresso whipped cream. We all know how well coffee and donuts go together!
Also, if you’d like to see more of this colorful table, I’ve shared all the details here including where you can find that unique flatware!
What can you serve with Donut Bread Pudding? Try these recipes:
- Spinach Bacon Swiss Quiche
- Bees Knees Cocktail
- My Favorite Bacon Recipe
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Almond Pancake Pudding
You could even set-up this adorable coffee bar to serve alongside this Donut Bread Pudding. I think that would be so cute!
As I mentioned above, this Donut Bread Pudding is fabulous for dessert or brunch! I know you’ll have fun making it and eating it!
Donut Bread Pudding Recipe:
Donut Bread Pudding
- 2 dozen stale glazed donuts* - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup butter - melted
- 1 cup brown sugar - lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an extra large bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in the donut pieces and let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with baking spray. Add the donut mixture to the pan.
- Baked for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown** and set up
- To make the espresso whipped cream, beat together cream, espresso powder, and confectioners' sugar until peaks form.