These Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a delightful way to celebrate the season. Moist and rich with fall flavor, they can be served for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert.
I have a sweet treat for you today. Last week I shared my latest fall tablescape and hinted at a couple tasty recipes. Today I’m back to share these Baked Apple Cider Donuts.
Apple Cider Donuts:
Like many folks, when it comes to fall, I’m a sucker for anything apple cider or pumpkin flavored. (Hence this recipe for Baked Apple Sider Donuts!) However, I do prefer homemade or freshly baked goodies over “fake” pumpkin things.
A few years ago on one of the Fall Home Tours of my St. Marys’ home, I showed you how to make Baked Pumpkin Donuts. Since they were so delicious, I thought I’d make them again but switch up the flavor with apple cider.
These are actually mini-bundt cakes, but I couldn’t resist calling them donuts because of the holes in the center. It seemed so much more suitable.
What I love about this particular recipe is that they are simple to make. You just need two bowls and a whisk. That’s right, no mixer is required. (I know it’s not a big deal, but sometimes it’s nice not to have to clean the mixer.)
How to Make Apple Cider Donuts:
To make these Baked Apple Cider Donuts, mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another and then mix them together. (It’s really that easy.)
This post contains affiliate links.
I decided to use this cute mini-bundt pan to bake these donuts. I just love the shape. In fact, it might look familiar as I have a full-sized version of this pan which I used to make both my Funfetti Coffee Cake and my Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake.
Once they are out of the oven and still warm, brush them with butter and press a generous amount of cinnamon sugar on them. This will give them that beautiful deep cinnamon color and add a crunchy outer shell.
With that, your Baked Apple Cider Donuts are complete!
They are wonderfully moist and full of apple spice flavor. I think you’re going to love them!
If you liked this fall-inspired recipe, you’ll love these:
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Hot Toddy
- Apple Streusel Cake
- Frosted Apple Cider Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
Baked Apple Cider Donut Recipe:
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your donut (mini-bundt cake) pan with a baking spray*. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, apple cider, canola oil, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan filling each cavity about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to sit in the pan for 3-4 minutes. Then invert the pan to remove.
- In a small bowl, make the topping by whisking together the cinnamon and sugar. Brush each donut with melted butter. Then, using your hand, press the cinnamon and sugar mixture onto each donut.
- The donuts can be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days.