Apricot and Honey Banana BreadThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Are you searching for something different to serve your family or guests for breakfast, dessert, or a mid-afternoon snack? This Apricot and Honey Banana Bread may be just what you’re looking for.
I have long loved banana bread. I made this Apricot and Honey Banana Bread after sampling lots of banana bread when I visited Maui a couple years ago.
I also made a Mixed Berry Banana Bread. You can find that recipe here.
How to Make Apricot and Honey Banana Bread:
The basic recipe for this banana bread is from my dad. It is my favorite so I figured it would be a good place to start.
Please note: This recipe calls for butter flavor shortening. You might be tempted to substitute regular butter. Don’t. The vegetable shortening is what helps create that beautiful brown outer layer that we all love on banana bread.
Once the basic banana bread mixture is ready to go, the remaining four ingredients are gently folded in. After about an hour in the oven, this banana bread will be a treat for all your senses!
I love this variation because it’s so bright and fresh. It’s a great treat for spring or could add a little sunshine to a cold January morning.
If you liked this unique Banana Bread recipe, you love these:
- Cinnamon Roll Skillet Bread
- Zucchini Bread Blueberry Crisp
- Spiral Apple Bread with Caramel Apple Glaze
- Blueberry Boy Bait
- Beehive Honey Bundt Cake
Let me walk you through the recipe.
Apricot and Honey Banana Bread Recipe:
Apricot and Honey Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottoms in two 9x5-inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter flavor shortening until combined. Next, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Finally, add the bananas and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Then gently fold in apricots, honey, flour, and lemon until just combined but evenly distributed.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Cool the bread in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing it to continue cooling on a wire rack.
WOW! Stunning recipe😊