This Two-Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream recipe is so simple to make. You can customize it with any flavors or toppings you’d like for a unique and delicious warm weather treat.
Hot summer days always make me crave homemade ice cream. I want something that will keep my body cool and my tummy happy. However, if you’ve ever made ice cream at home, you’re aware that it’s not a quick task. Eggs must be tempered and cooked, the custard needs to be chilled and churned, etc.
That’s why today, I’m showing you how to make Two-Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream in two different flavors.
Two-Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream:
After seeing a few other bloggers and home cooks make homemade ice cream using only heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk (I said it was easy, not healthy.), I figured it was time to try this simple recipe for myself.
For my Two-Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream, I chose two of my favorite flavors: birthday cake and cookies & cream.
How to Make No Churn Ice Cream:
The two things you will need are heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. That’s it.
Making the ice cream is super simple. First, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until you achieve stiff peaks. Then, add the sweetened condensed milk, and beat it again until stiff peaks form and the mixture is thick.
Once your base is ready, you can mix in whatever flavors you like. Add a swirl of chocolate, mix in peanut butter, toss in some chopped candy, fold in fresh berries, etc. – the options are only limited by your creativity.
To give you an example, I thought I’d whip up two of my personal favorites: Cookies & Cream and Birthday Cake.
With minimal effort on my part and a bit of time in the freezer, the ice cream was ready. I was truly impressed with the results. Given that I used a piece of store-bought cake and Oreos and only two other ingredients, I was beyond pleased with the deliciously smooth and creamy results.
Besides being so easy to make, the best part about this recipe is that you can put in whatever “toppings” you like to create the ice cream of your dreams.
As I mentioned, I used a piece of cake I purchased at the supermarket, but any leftover cake will do. You’ll need about 1 cup of cake. Just crumble it (frosting included) into 2 cups of the ice cream base. I also added some sprinkles for extra color. Gently fold the cake into the ice cream, place it into a reusable container, and pop that in the freezer for at least six hours or overnight.
As you can imagine from these two ideas, you can recreate all of your favorite ice cream flavors or make a new taste sensation. I guarantee you’ll enjoy the process.
Consider yourself fully equipped to beat the heat any day you wish. Enjoy!
Have you ever tried this method of ice cream making? What is your favorite flavor combination?
Two-Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream Recipe:
Homemade No-Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream - chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk - (Refrigerate before mixing.)
- assorted mix-in ingredients - (cookies, cake, peanut butter, chocolate, etc.)
- Using medium speed, beat the heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment until the cream forms stiff peaks. (This can also be done with a hand mixer.)
- Turn down the speed and pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Slowly increase the speed to medium and whip until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks again form.
- At this point, add in any desired flavorings, sauces, or toppings. Gently fold in the ingredients.
- (Cookies & Cream - 2 cups ice cream based + 2/3 cup chopped Oreo cookies)(Birthday Cake - 2 cups ice cream base + 1 cup crumbled birthday cake.)
- Place the ice cream in a resealable container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.