I recently put together a list of all of my favorite folk/acoustic, singer-songwriter songs. It took over a month to compile and refine, and now I’m finally ready to share it. Here is what I’m calling The Ultimate Folk Music Playlist.
The Ultimate Folk Music Playlist:
You may remember that several weeks ago when I posted my new spring music playlist, I mentioned that I was working on another playlist Well, The Ultimate Folk Music Playlist is that list, and today’s the day to officially unveil it.
This new playlist contains more than 140 songs and provides over 8.5 hours of listening enjoyment. Crazy, right? This is the longest list I’ve ever created. (Previously, my Christmas playlists had that distinction.) I have no intention of stopping there, however. As new music is released or I discover new songs, I will continue to add to this playlist.
I’ve been listening to this music non-stop for the last month, and I still can’t get enough. Since the playlist is 8+ hours long, I’m unlikely to hear the same song twice throughout the day. This ensures I won’t get tired of these tunes anytime soon.
I likewise love that almost 350 of you are already following this playlist! (I think my most followed playlist is my Folk Christmas Music Playlist, which has 600+ followers.) I mention this not because follower counts matter to me. It’s just interesting to see what people seem to like. As I’ve told you, I create these playlists for myself. Sharing them and knowing you also enjoy them makes me happy.
What’s on The Ultimate Folk Music Playlist?
This list includes so many of my favorite artists and songs. I probably know all the words to 90% of the songs on this list. As for the other 10%, I might not know every word (yet!), but I can certainly sing along.
Some of my favorite artists on this folk playlist are:
- Brandi Carlile
- The Lumineers
- Gregory Alan Isakov
- The Highwomen
- First Aid Kit
- Kasey Musgraves
- Mumford & Sons
- Jenna Nicholls
- The Avett Brothers
- The Tallest Man On Earth
- Nathaniel Rateliff
- The Secret Sisters
- Alexi Murdoch
- Mandolin Orange
- The Wailin’ Jennys
And there are MANY more.
What Occasions is this Ultimate Folk Music Playlist Suitable For?
The short answer is anything and everything. Ha! But if you’d like a few specific suggestions, I’m happy to oblige.
- Dinner party. Host it outdoors, if possible, and serve a farm-to-table or rustic menu.
- Sitting around a campfire. String outdoor lights overhead for the ultimate effect.
- Lazy Weekend Mornings. Get your favorite beverage, a stack of magazines, and this playlist… Heaven for the senses!
LISTEN: Ultimate Folk Music Playlist
Per usual, you can find this playlist HERE on Spotify. Please know that this isn’t sponsored in any way; I simply love Spotify. I’ve included an embedded player below if you want to sample the tracks.
If you like this playlist, you can follow my Spotify profile here. Spotify just gave me an “approved” account. I’m not sure what that means, but it sounds nice.
And because folks often ask, my go-to speakers for listening to music are the Sonos Speakers. I have four of the Sonos Play:1 speakers around my house, and I recently purchased a Sonos Move to use outdoors. I love these speakers. I probably should do a blog post about them at some point.
And that’s a wrap! I hope you love The Ultimate Folk Playlist as much as I do. Happy Listening!
Want More from Inspired by Charm?
I’m so happy you are here! Are you looking for more ways to create your happy place? Be sure to join the IBC Mailing List so you never miss a thing. You can also find me on social media for daily updates.