This Chicken Apple Sausage One Pan Pasta is one of my favorite go-to meals. You’re love this one pot dish that’s full of flavor and so easy to make!
Hey there, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I’m so excited to bring you this tasty recipe for Chicken Apple Sausage One Pan Pasta!
Chicken Apple Sausage One Pan Pasta:
Sorry I didn’t post yesterday. I was WAY behind in my bookkeeping (my least favorite part about being self-employed), so I spent most of the day catching up on that. Before I knew it, the clock read 7 PM, and the day was gone. Apparently time also flies when you’re not having fun.
Lately I’ve been planning some ideas for fall decor, and in all honesty, I’m really stressed out about it. In the past, I didn’t do much indoor fall decorating. This year, however, I’m participating in a fall home tour, so I thought a few touches here and there would be good.
I’m trying to stay away from super country decor (which I love) because I don’t think it will work with my current style. So, in addition to my bookkeeping catch up yesterday, I spray painted some gourds. I’m not sure I like the results, but regardless of what I decide about them, the Fall Tour will be live next Wednesday, so you’ll see what I’ve come up with then.
Having said all that, I thought I’d take a break from decorating today and make something delicious to deal with my stress. Over the past month I’ve seen countless one pan pasta dishes on the Web. I try to stay away from recipes that contain mostly pasta, because as you know, I live by myself, love pasta, and don’t know when enough pasta is enough. However, I’ve been dying to try one of these recipes, so I figured I’d cook up a batch today and portion it out the rest of the week. (Unless I still can’t figure out my fall decor, stress out, and eat it all in one sitting.) I’m making One Pan Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta.\
How to Make Chicken Apple Sausage One Pan Pasta
I’ve changed things up a bit and am using one of my favorite sausages – chicken apple. There is something about the flavor combo that I just love. Plus, it seems especially fitting for fall.
What I love most about this recipe is that it comes together SO quickly. I kid you not. Thirty minutes tops. It’s all done in one pan, so cleanup is a breeze as well. And on top of all that, this recipe is super flavorful. The pasta actually cooks in chicken stock, cream, and the juice from the tomatoes. Yum!
The variations to this recipe are endless. Throw in any type of sausage or meat and feel free to add whatever veggies you like. You can even switch up the cheese. I’m already thinking about using steak, Gorgonzola, and sun-dried tomatoes the next time I make this. Sounds like heaven in a pan!
Whatever you decide to put in, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Chicken Apple Sausage One Pan Pasta Recipe:
Chicken Apple Sausage One Pan Pasta
- tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken apple sausage - sliced
- 1/2 large onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 granny smith apple - chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz)tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces pasta - (I used Cellentani.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions - sliced thinly for garnish
- n a large oven-safe pan / skillet, add olive oil and set the temperature to medium high heat. Add in the onions and sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until brown. Then, put in the garlic and apples, cooking for about another minute.
- Next, add the chicken broth, canned tomatoes, heavy cream, pasta, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil; then reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and let simmer until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add 1/2 cup of cheese to the pasta. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Broil in the oven until the cheese melted.
- Serve up, garnish with sliced green onions, and enjoy!