Served with freshly baked waffles fries, this Loaded Potato Dip is a flavorful recipe that you can whip up for any occasion.
I could probably survive on meals consisting only of appetizers and dessert for the rest of my life. I’m sure it wouldn’t be good for my health or waistline, but it would be mighty tasty! If you’re also a fan of easy appetizer recipes, you’re going to love this Loaded Potato Dip I’m sharing today.
What is Loaded Potato Dip?
Simply put, it’s a loaded baked potato in the form of a dip.
For dipping, you use freshly baked (or fried) waffle fries.
The dip contains everything you love on your baked potato, including cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, and bacon. I also threw in cream cheese, hot sauce, and a dash of salt and pepper for extra creaminess and flavor. My mouth is watering just writing about it!
How to Make Loaded Potato Dip:
It’s crazy simple. Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir them together. The most complicated part of the process is baking the waffle fries. (But that’s pretty easy, too!)
For the waffle fries, I used a bag of frozen seasoned waffle fries. You can use whatever brand you like or cut your own.
I think part of the appeal of this recipe is that you can whip it up with things you already have in your refrigerator or freezer. The only exception might be the fresh chives.
Because this is a hearty appetizer, you don’t need many other snacks to go with it. I like to serve this Loaded Potato Dip when I have friends over to watch TV or a movie. It would also be great for game day!
No matter how or when you serve it, I hope you enjoy this delicious Loaded Potato Dip!
Looking for more appetizer dip recipes? Try these:
- Loaded Veggie Ranch Dip
- The BEST Chip Dip
- Out-of-this-World Corn Dip
- Really Good Jalapeño Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip with Bacon
Have fun creating in your kitchen and happy snacking!
Loaded Potato Dip Recipe:
Loaded Potato Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 thick-cut bacon strips - cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Waffled-cut fries - baked
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, chives, and hot sauce until well blended. (Save a bit of the bacon and chives to use as garnish.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture until you're ready to serve it.
- Serve with freshly baked waffle fries.