Quick breads are among my favorite things to bake because they are simple and delicious. And this Lemon and Blueberry Bread is no exception. It’s bursting with bright and fresh flavor, and you can whip it up in no time for a wonderful breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
Lemon and Blueberry Bread:
You might remember that a couple of weeks ago I made an amazing Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread. After you’ve made that one, I hope you’ll give this Lemon and Blueberry Bread a try.
I don’t know about you, but I enjoy the combination of lemon and blueberry in this recipe. The flavor is refreshing and light, plus it pairs beautifully with a cup of tea. I also love that this bread is loaded with blueberries. It contains one and a half cups, so you’re certain to get a burst of blueberry goodness in every bite.
Here are the deets on how to make this Lemon and Blueberry Quick Bread.
How to Make Lemon and Blueberry Bread:
As with most quick breads, the preparation time for this recipe is only about 10 minutes. You’ve got to love that!
Start by combining the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
You might notice that I used sour cream in this quick bread recipe. It might sound odd, but please trust me on this one. It’s my secret for a super moist and dense loaf.
Once the wet and dry ingredients are ready, it’s time to combine them. When they are well incorporated, gently stir in the blueberries.
The last step is to pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and pop that into a preheated oven for a little over an hour. I told you a quick bread is simple to make!
Finito! Doesn’t this Lemon and Blueberry Bread look divine? If you can resist, give the bread time to cool before slicing it. The texture will be better, and you won’t risk burning your mouth!
I like to serve this Lemon and Blueberry Bread with a little salted butter. However, if you want to highlight the lemon flavor and make the bread even more decadent, you can whip up a glaze of confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice to drizzle on the top. Simply add fresh lemon juice (You don’t need much.) to a cup of confectioners’ sugar until you achieve the desired drizzling consistency.
In case you’re looking for more quick bread recipes, try these:
- Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread
- Really Good Pumpkin Bread
- Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread
- Banana Bread: 3 Ways
- Cinnamon Sour Cream Bread
No matter how you serve this Lemon and Blueberry Bread, I have a feeling you’re going to enjoy it as much as I do.
Love this Recipe and Want More?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also join me on social media for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my work and adventures.
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
Lemon and Blueberry Bread Recipe:
Lemon and Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then spray the inside of a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter may be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it in an even layer.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (If needed, cover the bread with foil to prevent overbrowning.) Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.