Are you tired of the same old boring shot choices at every party? Want to impress your friends with a new, playful addition to your shot game? Look no further than the Gummy Bear Shot! Sweet, juicy, and flavored just like your favorite gummy candy, this Gummy Bear Shot is guaranteed to add some excitement to your next gathering.
It is rare for me to enjoy an alcohol shot, but every now and again the occasion arises. When it does, I want it to be something delicious. I’ve shared a few shot recipes on Inspired by Charm and today I’m adding another to the list: a Gummy Bear Shot.
I tested out a few combinations of ingredients to create the best gummy bear flavor. The resulting shot tastes a lot like the red gummy bear in my opinion; this works for me because that’s my personal favorite color/flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The combination of sweet and tangy flavors creates a unique taste that will leave your taste buds dancing.
- The vibrant color the gummy bears add to this shot are sure to grab the attention of your party guests and make it a fun conversation starter.
- Not only does it look and taste great, but it’s also incredibly easy to make.
With all of that said, if you’re looking for a sweet and fruity shot idea, I think you’ll definitely enjoy this one. Want to give it a try? Let me walk you through what you’ll need and then we’ll get into the recipe.
If you enjoy candy-themed shot recipes like this one, don’t miss my Jolly Ranch Shot. It’s delicious and the garnish sparkles!
If you have a well-stocked bar, you probably already have most of the necessary ingredients. The one exception would be cherry vodka. However, I always keep cherry vodka on hand as it’s a great addition to things like Pepsi, Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc.
What is in a Gummy Bear Shot?
The ingredients are simple:
- cherry vodka
- peach schnapps liqueur
- pineapple juice
- lemon-lime soda
How to Make
You can find a full ingredient list and detailed instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the cherry vodka, peach schnapps liqueur, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda.
- Shake vigorously. Strain into a shot glass.
- Finally, it’s time to add the finishing touch. Garnish your shot with a gummy bear of your choice. This not only adds a cute and playful flair to your drink, but it also helps to enhance the flavor profile of the shot.
First and foremost, drink responsibly.
Be sure to use high-quality vodka and peach schnapps. The better the ingredients, the better the taste.
Make sure to shake the ingredients vigorously in a cocktail shaker with ice before straining into your sugar-rimmed glass. This will ensure that the flavors are well-blended and the shot is perfectly chilled.
If you are making multiple shots at one time and using soda in your shaker, I recommend adding the soda at the end and shaking lightly. Lots of soda will create pressure in the shaker and may cause the top to pop off when shaking.
I included two gummy bears in each shot glass primarily for esthetic reasons. I want to mention that when drinking the shot, I recommend holding back the gummy bears with your teeth or tongue to prevent any sort of choking hazard. Another option would be to serve the gummy bears on the side. (As they say, “It’s better to be safe than sorry.”)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use any brand of vodka and peach schnapps for this shot?
While you can certainly experiment with different brands, it’s recommended to use high-quality vodka and peach schnapps for the best taste. Cheaper options may not have the same level of smoothness and flavor.
Can I make this shot in advance?
While it’s best to make the shot fresh and serve immediately after shaking, you can make the mix in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to shake well before serving.
And that’s a wrap on the gummy bear shot. Are you feeling curious to give one a try?
By following these recipe notes and keeping these FAQs in mind, you’ll be sure to impress your guests and take your Gummy Bear Shot game to the next level. Cheers!
More Shot Recipes You May Enjoy
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Lemon Drop Shot
- Birthday Cake Shot
- Oatmeal Cookie Shot
- Washington Apple Shot
- Mini Beer Shot
And that’s it. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try the next time you’re in need of a delicious alcohol shot to help you celebrate.
If you give this Gummy Bear Shot a try, I’d love to know what you think. Stop back and leave a comment and a 5-star rating below. Cheers friend!
Gummy Bear Shot
- 1 ounce cherry vodka
- 1 ounce peach schnapps liqueur
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon-lime soda
- Optional: gummy bears to garnish
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the cherry vodka, peach schnapps liqueur, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Add a gummy bear or two as an optional garnish.