Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie TreatsThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
These fruity pebble rice krispie treats take your basic dessert and pack it with a colorful, fruity twist. Made with 5 easy ingredients, this no-bake treat comes together in just minutes!
If you are looking for something extra fun to bring to your next get-together, the search stops here. You can’t help but be drawn to these fun marshmallow squares when they are on the dessert table!
I’m not sure what it is, but over the past month, I’ve had an insatiable craving for Rice Krispie treats. So much so that I even purchased the pre-made store-bought kind to satisfy my craving. While these certainly helped, I knew I had to break down and whip up the real thing.
Instead of making the classic recipe, I decided to switch things up and make these Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats. This new combination satisfied my craving and then some!
Why You‘ll Love This Recipe:
- EASY: The hands-on time to whip them up is 5-10 minutes. Add in a few more minutes to let them cool and they are ready to enjoy.
- NO-BAKE: Don’t feel like turning on the oven? You don’t have to! This no-bake treat only needs the microwave to help melt some marshmallows before shaping the bars.
- COLORFUL: Unlike classic Rice Krispies treats, this updated version has fun splashes of color thanks to the Fruity Pebbles cereal.
- FLAVORFUL: All that added color equals added flavor. Little bursts of sweet fruit flavors make these extra irresistible.
- NOSTALGIC: Treat bars like these will always remind me of my childhood and bake sales. Nothing beats a nostalgic dessert.
As you can see, the ingredient list for this dessert is very short. To make Fruity Pebble rice krispie treats, you’ll need:
- unsalted butter
- mini marshmallows – by using the mini variety, you get a more even spread of marshmallows to enjoy in each bite, rather than big globs. If you can’t find mini marshmallows, you can always use kitchen sheers to cut the larger size down.
- kosher salt
- vanilla extract – I always recommend buying the best kind you can afford. It will last you forever and the taste makes a difference!
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Fruity Pebbles cereal
How to Make
You can find a full ingredient list and detailed instructions for these bars in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Begin by lining a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper. Spray with baking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter. Microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Set about 2 cups of the marshmallows to the side, then add the rest to the bowl with melted butter.
- Continue to microwave at 30-second intervals until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add in the salt and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Stir in the cereals and mix gently to start combining.
- Add in the reserved 2 cups of marshmallows. Continue to gently mix until combined.
- Transfer this mixture to your prepared pan and press the bars evenly but gently into the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool and set for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bars. Enjoy!
How to Store
I think these Fruity Pebble rice krispie treats are best enjoyed the same day. However, you can pack and store them in an airtight container for up to two days.
Recipe Notes and Tips
For this recipe, I decided to use half Rice Krispies and half Fruity Pebbles cereal. As long as you stick with 6 cups of cereal, you can use any combination you like. I enjoy the half and half combination as the Fruity Pebbles tend to be rather sweet which creates a nice balance.
You might also be wondering why I reserved two cups of marshmallows to mix in with the cereal. Well, I enjoy those little pockets of marshmallow goodness inside my bars.
I not only love what it does to the taste, but I think it adds more visual interest to the bars as well. If you’re not a fan of this approach, you can certainly mix all of the marshmallows in with the butter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Over years of making this recipe, here are the questions I’ve seen. Use this info to help whip up the perfect batch of rice krispie treats, and if you have any more questions, leave them in the comments below.
Why are my rice krispie treats so hard?
There are two main culprits when it comes to rock-hard rice krispie treats: too much heat and too much force.
To keep your treats soft, make sure you don’t overcook the marshmallows when melting them in the microwave. You want them to be just melted enough to stir them together.
Secondly, when you shape the bars, you need to press the mix into the pan gently. We want them to be airy and light, not dense.
Tip: if you are dealing with hard Fruity Bebble rice krispie treats, don’t despair! To soften them back up, simply stick your rice krispie treats in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
How do I keep my rice krispie treats from getting soggy?
Alternatively, some rice krispie treats will turn out soggy rather than stale. There are a few main reasons why this might occur.
First, make sure your cereal isn’t expired. The fresher the better for both the Rice Krispie cereal and Fruity Pebbles.
Secondly, make sure you measure your butter carefully. Too much will give you a greasy, soggy mess!
And that’s a wrap on these Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats. These bars are as delicious and fruity as they look. If you like Rice Krispies treats and/or Fruit Pebbles cereal, you are going to LOVE these treats. Trust me on this one!
If you give them a try, be sure to swing back here and leave a comment and star rating. I always love reading about your baking (or in this case non-baking) wins.
More Treat Bars You May Enjoy
- Emily’s Cheerio Treat Bars
- Salted Caramel Crumb Bars
- Cinnamon Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars
I hope you’ll try these fruity pebbles ricebkrispies treats. If you do, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10 oz.) mini marshmallows, divided
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Begin by lining a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper. Allow the paper to hang over two of the edges for easy removal. Spray with baking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter. Microwave for about 45 seconds to start melting it.
- Set about 2 cups of the marshmallow to the side, then add the rest to the butter.
- Return the bowl of butter and marshmallows to the microwave. Continue to microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between, until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the salt and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Stir in the cereals and mix gently to start combining. Then, add in the reserved 2 cups of marshmallows. Continue to gently mix until combined.
- Transfer this mixture to your prepared pan. Spray your fingertips with a bit of baking spray and then press the bars evenly, but gently into the pan.
- Allow the treat mixture to cool and set. Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
These are delicious! My whole family loved them. I thought they would be too sweet but not at all. I will totally make this again!
These were so good! And you were right, perfect balance of Rice Krispies and Fruity Pebbles. YUM!! I’ll be making these again.
So happy to that you enjoyed them, Pam! Thank you.